LegacyGT.com

removing vinyl that leaves glue behind - goo gone didn't work

Some of the sponsor lables I've pulled off my car were not the low-tac vinyl. The car numbers as well as some lettering were used with more 'perminant' bumper-sticker-esque glue.

I've tried the orange stuff, the goo gone and a heat gun.

There is still a haze that shows up after a day or two of dust, I can clearly see the outline of the glue spot, even after spraying down with googone, letting it sit and using countless microfiber, terrycloth and paper towels.

Without damaging the clearcoat on the paint, what else works good at getting that filmy haze of glue off the car once the bulk of it is up?

Try claying the area. Maybe polish it out a bit with something like ScratchX. That should do the trick. If not then it may just take some time for it to wear off, but typically clay or polish will do it. Just make sure there isn't any sticky stuff left by using some mineral spirits like WD-40 or acetone (as mentioned) or something like that.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 2 weeks later...
Try a can of Dust-Off (the stuff you use to blow out computer parts). Hold it upside down and spray the glue. It should freeze it solid, allowing you to gently rub it off.

Holy crap, a Dune avatar!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived