LegacyGT.com

Rear suspension question

Hi, since i'm new around here I just need some advice. I did a search concerning my question and found lot of useful info on suspension(thank a lot).

So here is the situation...I need to replace my rear trailing arm bushing and just could'nt find some for the legacy that is affordable. I did found polyurethane bushing for Impreza WRX 98-05 on ebay for a reasonable price. Would it fit or I should really search for legacy bushing? (seem to be the same thing as legacy so that's why i'm asking.

Forgot to mention...I have a 98 Legacy GT and I have to replace both wheel bearing so while there I'll change the bushing.

Thank for your help.

i think wrx stuff 02 through 07 should work. So you should be ok with that. but i'm sure someone else can chime in.. Did you read through the whole suspension FAQ?? it should say somewhere in there.. OR in the aftermarket upgrade.. The stickys pretty much cover everything that works and wont work in our cars so read thoughs if you dont find your answer. then its probably unknown lol

• I Donated

The trailing arm bushings WILL fit. However, a WRX trailing arm its self will not fit because its longer then the Legacy ones.

Energy Suspension sells a master bushing kit for like $150 for the WRX. Most of the bushings in it will fit on your car, and they are all poly

And trailing arm bushings are not mentioned in any of the FAQs. I've been meaning to add the Energy Suspension kit to the FAQs and talk about bushings a little bit. I just haven't had a chance to write anything yet

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

thank a lot Broknin...I knew i did not see anything for that part in the suspension sticky ;)

so the kit from ES is a complete bushing kit if I understand correctly...and also wil I gain any improvement by installing poly bushing or its not worth it until i will have a better setup??

Right now I got a chance to get 2003 WRX shock and coil for 150$ ready to install or a 2004 STI(with 15k miles on it) complete shock and coil ready to install for 600$ but i'm still not sure what way I should go...still I know both will fit with a drop between .5 to 1 inch...but what about the ride quality?? almost every STI guys change their setup because they say its crap...so i'm not sure...

I also found a TEIN coil-over setup for a jdm bg5 for 849$ used but in really good shape...what about the price?

as for my car and driving style...I want something that handle very well but I will not go racing anytime soon(still can't find a way to track an auto car...lol)

so this is it...any opinion will be read and again thank you

• I Donated

$850 for the Tein Coilovers is a pretty good price. You will suffer on ride quality though, but they will handle amazing.

$600 for stock STI suspension is WAY too expensive. The reason its said to be crap is because there is better out there...but STI stuff is a HUGE upgrade over stock Legacy stuff.

$150 for the WRX suspension is a fair price. It will ride nice and handle pretty good. I had 04 WRX suspension on my 97 GT and I loved it. It was able to handle the mountain runs that I frequently do, and it was comfortable for daily driving.

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=7537

Here is the kit for the Energy Suspension kit. It doesn't have EVERYTHING, but has all the important stuff.

Poly bushings are MUCH better. You have better steering / suspension response with poly bushings because they don't compress like rubber does. Your suspension will load faster and your steering will react faster. If you want a car that handles good, poly bushings are one of the biggest things you can do.

As well, don't forget about your #1 handling modifcation that most people overlook. Remember that you can put all the money in the world into performance suspension, however it will go to waste if you're on shitty tires. Get a good set of tires (I prefer Potenza RE01s even though they are not made anymore). Your suspension will only do as good as your tires allow it to.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I think i'll go with the WRX stuff since I don't want to pend a lot for now on the LGT...I will save my money for my side project instead(2000 2.5 rs with jdm wrx)

as for the poly bushing i will replace the one I need for now(trailing arm only) and will probably go full poly on the rs/wrx project...

for the tires part i'm riding stock size Pirelli 4 season tire that came qith the car and maybe will put new wheels and tires next summer just for look and better handling ;)

thank for all the info you gave me...make my decision more clear:)

• I Donated
thank for all the info you gave me...make my decision more clear:)

No problem! Have fun with the RS! For a turbo swap on it, all the information is the same as doing it on a Legacy GT.....so the Engine FAQ sticky (LINK HERE) might come in pretty handy for you. Read through it when you get a chance.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

hahaha thanks again Broknin....but I already read that sticky too...didn't waste time around...lolll I found a place around here that can swap any subaru engine in any subaru car for 3500$ plus they sell complete engine for 4000$ but did not precise what version the engine is...still waiting on a email to confirm that....

they told me that for 7500$ its a turn key solution in under a week...they've been swapping and modifying subaru since 95 and also rally 4 car up here in canada....so I think they are well experienced...

I also found that rare RS with a blown engine for 450$...not bad for a start haha

• I Donated

If you're doing a turbo swap $3500 is a pretty fair price. however if you were to swap in another non-turbo engine, $3500 would be a rip off.

Does that $3500 include swapping the dashboards too? There is a local shop here (allprosubaru.com)....I believe they charge in the $3500 range for a WRX/STI swap including swapping out the dash

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated
I think I might be saving 3500 and going to ga lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Where have you been???

I should clarify that the $3500 is labor only

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• 1 year later...

Archived