LegacyGT.com

Throttle Position Sensor/Car at Dealer

So I went to go check out an 05 legacy gt this afternoon. When I began to drive it the car was very unressponsive. I have driven my brothers 05 automatic, the same exact car, the car felt very weak like it was being held back (losing power). I drove for about 6 miles (20 minutes) and then came to a red light, I had to hold down the break, the cruise control light came on and started flashing, as well as the CEL. The light turned green, the car fell on its face. Giving it full throttle the car would barely go anywhere, and trying multiple amounts of throttle I was able to get the car back to the dealership olny managing a speed of 5/6 mph. The dealer plugged in the code reader and the following codes came up :Throttle Position, and Bank One Not responsive. I can't remeber the other two codes off hand I believe one was a P606 but not sure. The car had a rebuilt engine and turbo installed recently, and the vehichle only has 33k miles on it. Any adivice? I drove some ways to see this car, they are taking it to the Subaru dealer to have it checked out. I am going to get the scoop tommorw. Please advise. Thanks.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/trouble-codes-cels-26113.html

That may help you a little.

could be a bad o2 sensor, may something else too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Dealer said it was the Throttle position sensor being out of angle, so they put it back to the correct angle 169.00 dollars later and its working? Is there a TPS angle adjustment? I thought you just replace the the TPS sensor and be done with it? THe car was running fine like for 752 miles before the say the TPS was out of angle.

Archived