LegacyGT.com

Flares for BL5 for aggressive offset

Redline2083

Hey there, i recently purchased some rims that are too aggressive/wide for the vehicle and wondered if anyone could recommend any brand flares or anything for that matter that would help with a solution other than changing the rims.

I really like the look the car had with the fitted rims, but i dont want any flares or anything that looks cheap. Its mainly the rear thats rubbing and eating away the tires. Any ideas to help me out?

Thats my car in the pic

IMG-20110819-00127.thumb.jpg.eab888a591d15a1625cd58d759a8e266.jpg

If you have rubbing and were told everything would be fine then take it back and have them fix it?

Well im from the caribbean, someone ordered the rims for me, actually i even think it was someone on this forum. anyway so taking them back isnt an option, thats why i gotta flare

wouldnt just rolling the stock fenders work?

Rolled the fenders already, still rubbing

They MIGHT fit if you pull and roll your fenders....otherwise, proper flares are pretty spendy if you don't want them to look cheap...

i havent pulled the fenders yet. And these proper flares ur referring to, where can i see them or the price? Just so i have an idea

Well im from the caribbean, someone ordered the rims for me, actually i even think it was someone on this forum. anyway so taking them back isnt an option, thats why i gotta flare

Have a local body shop modify the fenders?

PS: How do you get a car on an island?:confused::confused:

Have a local body shop modify the fenders?

PS: How do you get a car on an island?:confused::confused:

Well i did contemplate getting a local guy to do the work, but im a bit skeptical of the finished product, thats why im checking genuine parts first.

lololol.........also the car is shipped directly from japan to the island via sea. So we get them the same way you do, not much different to the states

Rolled the fenders already, still rubbing

i havent pulled the fenders yet. And these proper flares ur referring to, where can i see them or the price? Just so i have an idea

By proper flares I was refeering to having someone adept with metal working use a set of generic Aluminum flares cut, weld, smooth, and then repaint the fenders to get it right...Pricey but probably still cheaper than those Corazons you posted!

if you wanted to, you could it the outback flared body trim to the legacy. it would cost under $1K for whats needed and you would just have a body shop modify the front and rear bumpers to line up with it.

the outback flare is purely aesthetic. fender clearance is the same for LGT.

what offset and size tire you have?

Archived