LegacyGT.com

High Mileage LGT i am looking at

I am currently looking for a "cheaper" LGT and found a wagon with 86000 miles. It looks good in the pictures, the problem is it appears to be cheaper than it should be, $11000 when the bluebook value is closer $16600. This makes me a little wary as I dont know why they would mark it down so much.

My question is, besides checking the carfax and what not, Is there anything else I should be looking for? How is the reliability on these cars over 100k miles.

Also, there is also a 2009 Spec B LGT near me with 43000 miles, is the Spec B worth the extra money(obviously a lot more than the other legacy). I understand it has the 6 spd, R180 diff and Suspension goodies.

Thanks a bunch for the help

PS: This car would be my winter beater if you will, I currently have a 2006 Pontiac GTO which is my play car so thats why I am looking higher milage.

I have a 05 GT wagon 5mt with 142,000 miles I enjoy driving it more then my 09 Spec B which has 32,000 miles.

Yes I have spent a good amount of $$$$ on it recently. But I have driven it over the years, not babyed it. There are things you'll want to check out and learn how to do on the car. You can't just deive these and forget about them. They need you to check and top off the oil as needed. At least check the oil once a week and top off until you learn how much oil it drinks. Some don't use as much as other.

You call 86,000 mile high ?

What year is the wagon ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

A few months ago I bought my LGT with 95k on the ODO. Ask if you can take it somewhere to have the compression checked before you buy. It could be a blown motor for all you know. Timing belt is due at 105k so chances are it hasn't been done yet. I did mine as soon as I got the car for piece of mind and have had zero issues so far. :)

I have a 05 GT wagon 5mt with 142,000 miles I enjoy driving it more then my 09 Spec B which has 32,000 miles.

Yes I have spent a good amount of $$$$ on it recently. But I have driven it over the years, not babyed it. There are things you'll want to check out and learn how to do on the car. You can't just deive these and forget about them. They need you to check and top off the oil as needed. At least check the oil once a week and top off until you learn how much oil it drinks. Some don't use as much as other.

You call 86,000 mile high ?

What year is the wagon ?

Its an 05 GT Wagon. I dont consider it high mileage in the sense that the car is about to crap out, i have a honda crv with 190k, but its more than I would typically look at when buying a car.

A few months ago I bought my LGT with 95k on the ODO. Ask if you can take it somewhere to have the compression checked before you buy. It could be a blown motor for all you know. Timing belt is due at 105k so chances are it hasn't been done yet. I did mine as soon as I got the car for piece of mind and have had zero issues so far. :)

Besides the timing belt, is there any other maintenance stuff I should be looking for, like records of what has been done besides the obvious?

COMPRESSION TEST is KEY!

Can't tell you how many bad compression motors we've seen...

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1(2971)| T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Dealer

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

I have a stage 2 05 5EAT ABP wagon with 128,000mi but brand new short block done by GTTuner done at 115,000mi . All the mods have been done by GTTuner UP/DP sways endlinks TMIC.... I'm looking for $11,500 if I sell I can't decide:spin:

So that price seems in line/good for a stock 05 with 86K

How many miles? Did you buy it new? If not, what'd you pay?

73k. Bought it in 06 with 28k on it. Sticker was 24k on it when I bought it. Talked him down to $20k.

____Spending funds in mass quantities! I keep telling myself it's just a hobby?

I did a quick search on KBB. I can see an auto GT wagon with that mileage for $11250, private party sale, in "good" condition and in MA. That would make it reasonably priced. But, as Ops have noted, a few test to confirm it's a good car would make sense.

Archived