LegacyGT.com

Oil dripping on the car convertor

After several weeks of owning / driving, yesterday's all day drive produced a bit of smoke of the cat convertor. On my car when I start getting drips off onto the cat convertor it is from a leaking head gasket. My car is a straight head six with half moon seals on the rear and it will leak at the rear corner and roll down onto the cat. On a 95 Legacy could it also be the valve cover gasket. About 170,000 miles on the engine and who knows when it was last changed. Or is there another normal culprit on a 95 legacy wagon?

• I Donated

Your car is a straight head six? What does that mean?

If you have a 95 Legacy, is a boxer style 4 cylinder. Your engine is an EJ22.

Oil leaks can come from anywhere. There is no "normal culprit". You just have to get under it and look

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Oops sorry I wasn't clear. The Legacy is my son's car. "My" car is a Jag XJ6 and that is a straight head six. And on this model Jag there are certain culprits for an oil leak. Nine times out of ten it is the valve cover gasket. I gotta crawl under this new to our family car and check her out.

Your car is a straight head six? What does that mean?

If you have a 95 Legacy, is a boxer style 4 cylinder. Your engine is an EJ22.

Oil leaks can come from anywhere. There is no "normal culprit". You just have to get under it and look

Archived