LegacyGT.com

Window scratches from rolling down.

I ordered 4 new outside stabilizers they call them they should be in on wednesday. I thought about just glueing on new felt but I dont have much time to have the windows out so ordered new ones to be safe. This should not happen again in my lifetime either since I keep it in the garage where the PO did not.

where did you order them?? link??

JJay, what's the part number for the "stabilizers"?

Part number for the outter stabilizer is 61256AE010 (Taken from the picture in the how-to on NASIOC lol) and the inner stabilizer part number is 61256AE001. Order away! :)

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Part number for the outter stabilizer is 61256AE010 (Taken from the picture in the how-to on NASIOC lol) and the inner stabilizer part number is 61256AE001. Order away! :)

I checked that part number before and thats for a newer model. I didnt get my parts today they suppose to come in tomorrow.

Ah. That could be. Browsing around online for the Gen2's it seems the model numbers are 62304FA001 for the inner and 61256FE020 for the outter. Thanks for mentioning. :)

Ah. That could be. Browsing around online for the Gen2's it seems the model numbers are 62304FA001 for the inner and 61256FE020 for the outter. Thanks for mentioning. :)

Finally picked up mine today and that is the correct part number.

Got the driver side done I didnt have to take the window all the way out. I just took it out of the rails and dropped it all the way down. The trim piece up top on the outside was also very dirty and I cleaned that out before putting in the new stabilizers.

I would of took pictures but the wife had my camera. Once you get the door panel off there is just 2 nuts at the bottom that bolt the window brackets to the rails. Undo those 2 nuts and then you can pull the front out of the rail and drop the window all the way down and get enough room to replace the stabilizers and clean the outside trim. I also tightened up the inside stabilizers a bit and the window doesnt moved a lot like it use to.

I also use to have a squeak when I shut the door and that is now gone.

Best to have help to hold the window also and be very careful if you have tint not to scratch it.

I remember posting in a thread about this on rs25.com. What happens is the dirt and grime and stuff from years of weather etc gets lodged in the pad and eventually enough to scratch it. They had a cheap solution to go to wal-mart or really any store that sells faux fur or whatever, and trim it to the shape of the pad and switch them out. Cheaper than buying oem pads and does the same job.

• 9 months later...
Works great! Did it myself and I couldn't be happier. Especially after spending only $13 to do the whole "fur swap". Although, I need to find new glass at some point as well...

Archived