LegacyGT.com

WRX Catback fitment

Hello, I am new to this specific subaru site, but that is because I just sold my RS and got a nice 97 Legacy Outback. And I guess the RS forums don't really know/care much about Legacies lol

But I'm looking to upgrade the exhaust to a WRX catback I am getting for next to nothing.

My question is, will it bolt up or will there be modifications. No one I talked to knows 100% but I am thinking I might need to weld in a flex pipe to extend it at the cat which isn't a huge deal, but will the hangers elsewhere for the most part line up? Or will I be better off taking it to a muffler shop to get a custom mid pipe fabricated up

Thanks in advance, Hope to be in these forums for awhile :)

-Joe

Welcome....

Your Legacy Outback is of a different chassis...The WRX is of an Impreza ...The parts might be the same or identical but the fitting from a compact to a midsize chassis might be on a shorter end...

• I Donated

This has been covered recently. Did you try searching for your answer?

WRX exhaust will fit...however you need to extend it a little bit and change the hangers on it.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Well I used the search function to no avail :/ I think the route im going is chopping up the midpipe and taking the resonator out of it then extending it with a flex pipe to bypass using the donut/springs as a flex point. Will the muffler mount up to the hanger locations or will the have to be rigged as well?

I figured the hanger part as much, though the mufflers look to have similar hanger placement, but my idea with the flex pipe was to bypass having to use another donut because the legacy flexes where the cat meets the mid pipe, so it uses a donut and springs, but I could just do a custom, non resonated straight mid pipe to help free up exhaust flow, probably the best bet

Archived