LegacyGT.com

1999 Miata NB

Well, I am no longer an owner of an LGT. Unfortunately the economy and wife being out of work at the moment means tighting the belt so we can hopefully still try to buy a home next year. :rolleyes:

So picked up a 1999 Miata with only 39k original miles on it, cherry condition, for $7k. Needless to say, it is WAY smaller than the subie was. But fun as all hell to drive. It begs to be redlined and driven fast. Already looking at a few small upgrades but obviously not expecting anything major hp wise unless I go turbo kit on it which I doubt I'll do. Going to stick with an n/a car for a while.

169340335_newmiata.jpg.c688a328f7b943613cb33b1eb15ad058.jpg

1364087445_newmiata2.jpg.bf136ccbcfcb9ab5d3a3fbc689495258.jpg

2093819480_rcsales007.jpg.b82a92df69397ef3cd262bd426479af8.jpg

Nice!

I traded one of my motorcycles for a '92 NA a couple of weeks ago. Fun car! I've been working through some of the small issues that are normal with a 20 year old car, but it's nice to work on something simple... And everything is cheap for Miatas!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RodanAZ/Miata/Miata8-12-11-3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Good choice! I've got a turbo'd '02 that I'm going to suppliment with an OBXT. I love the miata for summer driving, and it's even fun in the snow with the right tires (though the one I have now never sees snow because I hated the rust on the old one).

Well, almost a month into it and am loving it more and more everyday. The cars is extremely tossable and handles like nothing I've ever driven in stock trim before. I can't wait to throw a suspension setup on it. I guess Flying Miata is the shiznit in the miata community and they make a stage II suspension kit for $850 that includes swaybars, springs, and struts. Pretty good deal for all that. Also looking to throw some Chapparal wheels on it to give it more of the agressive look like these. I can't say I miss so much the hp of my old subie, but I do sorely miss the torque.

PA174482.thumb.jpg.866b9607c35a04be3ebab10b537d6ff3.jpg

welcome to the club. my advice is to figure out exactly what your goal is for the car and stick to it so your not buying a suspension, wheels, etc more then once. heres my 97 in STR trim. blast to drive around town as well.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3490/5850933962_774c4408b2_z.jpg

272193_10150234548556256_723331255_7826340_2528273_o.thumb.jpg.d2331b55e17d309ba62322c45d56113b.jpg

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Well, almost a month into it and am loving it more and more everyday. The cars is extremely tossable and handles like nothing I've ever driven in stock trim before. I can't wait to throw a suspension setup on it. I guess Flying Miata is the shiznit in the miata community and they make a stage II suspension kit for $850 that includes swaybars, springs, and struts. Pretty good deal for all that. Also looking to throw some Chapparal wheels on it to give it more of the agressive look like these. I can't say I miss so much the hp of my old subie, but I do sorely miss the torque.

I will tell you a story about Flyin Miata.

Two years ago I was in Grand Junction making sales calls. I was looking for a Winery and drove past Flyin Miata by chance. I assumed it was a Miata tuning shop, but on my return, I noticed there wasn't a single Miata in the parking lot, so I really started to wonder. Curiosity got the better of me, and I turned around again to check it out.

From the moment I walked in the door, it was obvious it was a Miata tuner, but it still didn't answer why no one there had a Miata. I was then greeted by one of the ladies who worked in the office. I explained why I stopped in, then she offered to give me a full tour of the shop.

I will say that it's a first class business. There was a Miata with an LS swap prepped and ready for the customer coming the next day. They had it carefully stowed away in the shop, fully detailed, and I have to say, by just looking at it, you'd never know that this thing was anything other than a stock Miata. It was a true thing of beauty.

Ever since that visit, I have had a little soft spot for anything associated with their shop. You could just tell that they were serious about their work, and damn proud of what they did.

Archived