LegacyGT.com

Rebuilding VF40 Turbo

So i've now had three turbos go in my subaru all due to coolant starvation because someone either added too much subaru coolant additive, or some form of stop leak, but essentially my entire coolant system was SHOT. So i finally got it completely cleaned out with a machine (mind you a new crossover manifold and heater core later) And need to get my turbo options straight. I'm mechanically savvy and would like the cheapest option of getting this turbo back in. So i've been posting on the classifieds for replacement turbos, but i can't help but wonder if the age of the replacement turbos i've been putting in have also been playing into their early demise.

1) Can buying a rebuild kit from ebay get me in better shape than just buying a used one?

2) Sending off to BNR for a 18g turbo was also an option, but also twice the price of the rebuild kit?

What would you suggest? Is rebuilding a effective way to get it back up and running?

Thank you for choosing TurboRepair.com for your turbocharger needs. Our professional staff has over 12 years experience to help you with any turbocharger problem you might have. We can service your existing turbo, or provide you with a new unit if your turbocharger is not rebuildable or a new unit needed.

All of our rebuilds will be thoroughly inspected, evaluated for cause of failure as well as cleaned prior to the assembly process. This ensures you of a total evaluation analysis of your turbocharger failure ensuring you that any problems will be brought to your attention for correction.

I apoligize for our late response, we were still working some bugs out within our website. If you are still in need of help with your turbocharger, feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you in any way needed!

Sincerely,

Reed Patridge

http://www.TurboRepair.com

2359 Pelham Parkway

Pelham, Al. 35124 U.S.A.

Shop 1.205.874.6608

Cell 1.205.516.3946

You might try them. The other place I contacted 2 weeks ago said they can replace the small parts in a VF40 but if it needed shaft and wheels it could take up to 6 months.

I bought a new VF52 from AZPinstalls, I had it the next day.

Make sure you tell Mike a AZP who sent you to him.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Dont forget that if you put anything but a VF40 in you'll very likely need to have the ECU tuned for it. That's true for a BNR18G and a VF52. You'd likely have engine issues very soon if you didn't.

Check out the "Tuning" forums for more info on the options here. The top 2 are open source (via VAGCOM or Tactrix cables, a laptop and some software for logging and flashing your ECU) and a COBB ACCESSPort.

Cheers!

Archived