LegacyGT.com

Extreme interior cleaning

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right. It is supposed to look like suede, but without the problems suede presents. I hate cleaning suede and I'm glad cars aren't using that as much anymore.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I've read this post, and other posts on detailing. Thanks for the info, OCDetails! :) I'll be reading your website in regards to cleaning my cars out. I think the biggest challenge I have is some dried barf from almost three years ago that's under the passenger seat.

"What's God, if not the spark that started life?"

~ Last Ride of the Day by Nightwish

Ewww... I'm not going to ask how it got under the seat. Unless it was animal barf. In which case, I won't wonder why you had a sick animal in the car. lol

The secret to old stuff like that is to let is soak. You may have to break out the big guns on it, but I would start with boiling water and let that take the first bite of it and then suck it out with a wet/dry vacuum. You might even want to consider renting a carpet cleaning unit for the day.

If the hot water doesn't get it all then move up to the carpet cleaner. Something like Tuff Stuff might work, but I wouldn't count on it. I'd probably be leaning more towards the all purpose cleaner like Purple Power or Simple Green type solutions. If it is under the seat then you won't have to worry too much if it changes the color of the carpet, but I haven't ever seen it do that before. It would probably do the trick though. Just be prepared to scrub and scrub and scrub and have a vacuum handy to suck out the bits.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Ewww... I'm not going to ask how it got under the seat.

:lol: I only discovered it about a month ago as I was cleaning out trash. Never again will I chauffeur drunk people.

"What's God, if not the spark that started life?"

~ Last Ride of the Day by Nightwish

Archived