LegacyGT.com

Opinions on this log.

AmSnow440

Did a 3rd gear pull yesterday because I noticed that the AFR was pinning at 10:1 (only goes down to 10:1) on my wide band at anything over 1/2 throttle and my boost was only hitting 16 PSI when it should be at 17.5 PSI. I'm new to interpreting log data so an opinion would be much appreciated. I'm planning on getting the car tuned this week.

Two main questions:

1) Most importantly, are there any trends in the data that I should be concerned about until I get the car tuned? Do I need to log additional data?

2) It feels like the car falls on its face when I shift into third gear. Am I losing a significant amount of power (>20awhp) with the AFR pinning and boost not hitting target?

Mod include:

GT Spec UEL Header

GT Spec Catless UP

Invidia Catless DP

Greddy EVO2 CBE

DW 750cc

Walbro 255

Stock TMIC (endtanks still look good!)

Stock Turbo

Stock Intake

Stock BOV

Heres the log plotted on Virtual Dyno:

http://gallery.me.com/amsnow440/100076/Datalog-20Run-201.jpg?derivative=medium&source=web.jpg&type=medium&ver=13133384620001

And the actual log:

Datalog.csv

Only thing to note beyond what you have mentioned is that you have some learned knock from 4000-4700RPM - It does not look terrible - but I would want to get it fixed.

Hey thanks for the insight. I'll be getting it tuned this week!

Rich AFR with low boost can be caused by a leak somewhere between the turbo and the intake manifold.

For starters, check the turbo-TMIC connection, and the TMIC-to-throttlebody connections.

EDIT: I am assuming that in the past it typically did NOT hit 10:1. I mean, did you just recently hook up the wideband and this is what you saw, or is this a change from what you saw in the past?

Rich AFR with low boost can be caused by a leak somewhere between the turbo and the intake manifold.

For starters, check the turbo-TMIC connection, and the TMIC-to-throttlebody connections.

EDIT: I am assuming that in the past it typically did NOT hit 10:1. I mean, did you just recently hook up the wideband and this is what you saw, or is this a change from what you saw in the past?

Exactly what I was thinking. Can the OP post up a learning view? I'd like to see what the a/f trims are doing. Rich AFR, low boost.....I smell a boost leak....

-Steve

Yea, I just recently hooked up the wide band an noticed that this happens whenever I get on it past 1/2 throttle. I bought the car with this tune on it, and ended up switching from an ELH to UEL. I logged the car (I cant find this log anymore....:mad:) to make sure everything was ok. According to the log, the boost and AFR were fine. I'll definitely take a look at those TMIC connections.

Exactly what I was thinking. Can the OP post up a learning view? I'd like to see what the a/f trims are doing. Rich AFR, low boost.....I smell a boost leak....

-Steve

Sorry I'm a noob. Correct me if I'm wrong but in order to use learning view don't you need a VAG-COM cable? Or can you use the Accessport to get those numbers?

A boost leak was actually in the back of my mind, but I wasn't too sure being that this is relatively early in my experiences with turbo cars. But after reading your inputs, a boost leak makes a lot of sense.

-Mike

• 5 weeks later...
This may not really be the case...

Turns out you guys were right. I brought the car to MSPT and they found that my TMIC is bad, it wouldn't even hold 10 psi during the boost test.

Thanks again for the help, I'll be picking up a new TMIC soon.

Archived