LegacyGT.com

AC Problem on 95 LGT

hi, my ac is not working, i can hear the evaporator is leaking under the dash when i turn my ac on. Is it easy to fix it? or worth it?

i have the mechanic at the dealer to check out the leak with the proper tool. So is it easy to replace the evaporator? i think i have some sources to get a used one for cheap.

If someone has done this before, plz chime in.

Thanks

• I Donated

what kind of leaking sound? A hiss, a drip, a dribble, a growl, a moan, a scream, a whistle, a screech......

Be more descriptive

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

it wasn't doing it before, because my mechanic vacuum everything out, and when he want to put freon back, the computer said it can't be put in more than 0.23g, which indicates that has a leak.

Yesterday, he continued and tried to fix it the leak, he vacuum everything first, and then try to put it, this time, the error msg wasn't there, so he kept charging, because he has to put some freon in in order to find the leak.

Once the system stops around 0.23-0.25g, we disconnected everything and turn on the ac, and we can start hearing it....before it was not doing because there wasn't any freon in it. Now, even with some freon in it, it is still not blowing cool air...still blowing warm air...

any input?

If you have a 96, your mechanic shouldnt be adding R12 to your R134, and if the leak is as bad as you say you should be able to see an oily residue where it is leaking, at the least, he should have a leak detector, if it hiss's loud enough for you to hear it a detector should have no prob's finding it.

Archived