LegacyGT.com

"Service Engine Soon" Light

Car is a 2007 Legacy Spec B. I did the 30K service myself. Didn't know there was any kind of reset necessary on this car. I didn't see the message. My son had the car and told me it has come on a few times.

Is it the check engine light coming on? I don't think the car has a service engine soon indicator. If it's the CEL, better pull codes and find out what's going on. Thing is, I wouldn't expect it to go away.

Might want to ask him what he's been doing with it.

I have only seen that on a Trailblazer, and on that vehicle it's often an indication of a failure in the adjustable cam timing unit.

But on a Subie - never, and if you have done maintenance and it's on an optional display then it's probably just that you need to indicate that you have done the maintenance and replaced oil and whatever.

453747.png

Ah, it must have been on the in dash navigation. The service distance exceeded could be oil change, tire pressure, or other settings that are user settable.

Good point. I will have to ask him that.

Car is a 2007 Legacy Spec B... My son had the car and told me it has come on a few times.

:wub:BLESS YOU AND YOUR SUPERIOR PARENTING SKILLS.:wub:

You are about 100x cooler than my dad was and probably created a son 100x more responsible than me too:lol:

/ot rant

:wub:BLESS YOU AND YOUR SUPERIOR PARENTING SKILLS.:wub:

You are about 100x cooler than my dad was and probably created a son 100x more responsible than me too:lol:

/ot rant

LOL. I have 2 sons. One is on here occasionally (JDMdoriffftoooo). He has a maxed-out 2002 Bugeye. The one who was driving this car is not a gearhead at all. The only important thing to him in a car is being able to listen to his iTunes. He normally drives my 2001 Suburban, but since he needed to put a lot of miles on the car, and the Spec B gets 2x the gas mileage, I let him use it.

By the way, I trust both of them with my 1981 911 SC.

Just confirmed with my son that it was on the NAV screen, not the dash. Probably a reminder I set for myself and then didn't change after my last oil change.

Thanks for the help everyone.

yeah just have the code ran and get on here. you will beable to find out on how to fix what evers wrong!

you should read the whole 1.5page thread before you post. we've concluded that it was the nav reminders for service.....and I don't use them either.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PeteAWD
You can buy a Craftsman reader for $89.00. It's worth it's weight in gold for this vehicle. Screw AutoZone, waste time with them, 90% of them know nothing about Subaru.

Archived