LegacyGT.com

Anyone on here running a single din Pioneer?

coppertone

I'm running the Pioneer DEH-p6900UB in my 2.5i and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm big on quality sound and I tried other brands but nothing sounds like a Pioneer IMHO. I've had it installed for over a year and haven't had any problems with it.

I'll post a couple pics when I get a chance.

I ran a DEH-P880PRS for several years and it was by far the best head unit I've owned, and is one of the top on the market in terms of SQ and tuning capabilities. The newer model is the 800PRS.

The biggest downside of owning a Pioneer is they have a pico-fuse protecting the RCA outputs. That'd be ok except that it's overly sensitive, and if it blows you'll have alternator whine very badly and the unit will need an expensive repair from Pioneer. Basically, if you buy a Pioneer and use the RCA outputs for an amp, you absolutely must disconnect your battery before doing any RCA cable connections at either end.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

Hmm I never disconnected the battery when I put the head unit in or when I set up my amp. Probably should've though.

As for your question Coppertone, I think that if you're not really picky about sound quality then don't spend the extra $$

Here's a couple pics if you still wanted them.

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww346/Lowcivic619/IMG_0410.jpg

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww346/Lowcivic619/IMG_0412.jpg

Hmm I never disconnected the battery when I put the head unit in or when I set up my amp. Probably should've though.

I would say you've been lucky lol. I was too for two years, then I blew two within two weeks. It only takes 30 seconds to disconnect the negative battery terminal though, and it's good practice when doing any stereo work anyway.

I would still recommend Pioneer too. The have always offered the best features for me and I like the user interface on them, so I'll always be a Pioneer guy.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

the mid to upper level pioneers have everything you will ever need for a stereo. 3 rca outputs(front, rear, mono sub) usually around 4 volts, 5-7 band EQ, aux input, ipod interface, variable low-pass filters, variable high-pass filter, bluetooth, anywhere from 13-20 rms watts to 4 speakers(rms). and thats for just the single din units.

Ive been into car audio my whole life and even had about 5 systems in my car before I had my license and I've always used pioneer. It has TONS of audio adjustments. They are very easy to use. And theyve never given me any problems. Very good products.

Now when you gentlemen say Pioneer, are you referring to the premier series? The only difference that I see between the two models (Pioneer vs Pioneer Premier) is the warranty. Please correct me if I am wrong.
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

I'm sorry I should explain that this is going into my Dodge Ram. I'm having a custom sound system installed, and am at odds as far as the head unit. Pioneer seems like a great unit, but I am trying to get away from the bells and whistle. I'm currently running a Kenwood DNX 9980HD in my Legacy. This is being removed and replaced with the stock radio. It is a great piece but just too many gadgets for my taste. That is why it is in the classifieds looking for a new owner.
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

Archived