LegacyGT.com

Why can't I get these parts

wait, first, how can you argue something that is SUPPOSED to signal other drivers of your intent to turn is a distraction? it is supposed to "distract" you so you know they are going to turn. and if it is supposedly illegal in most states, how is it that the new Mustang is equipped with sequential turn signals?

• I Donated

strobing tail lights are a distraction. I'm sorry, but if you're some asshat in front of me with bright strobing tail lights, I'll blind you wiht my high beams since I can't see anything BUT your tail lights (at night time at least)

It is illegal in most states to modify your vehicle lighting to be anything but OEM specs

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

they arn't "strobing" they are lighting from inside out in a relatively gradual fashion. and the LED's I would use would not be super bright and blinding. do you flash your high beams at every caddy and other OEM car that is equipped with LED tail lights? i am talking about the TURN SIGNALS, not the stop and tail lights.

How is it rice to have LED tail lights? mind you, this is in the regular JDM housings and when the lights are off it will look no different. all I am looking at doing is making LED panels to go in the housings that will be similar to what many OEM cars have now. nothing crazy or super flashy, just something that looks a bit sharper and lights more evenly. not to mention they are more efficent and less likely to burn out.

Rice is putting "euro style" or "altezza" lights or LEDs that spell out words or dumb stuff like that. rice is more about bolt on mods and over the top flamboyancy. what I am proposing is something more classy. they won't be blinding, they won't strobe, they won't be any weird shapes, just something to make the car a bit more modern (notice more and more cars going to LED tails) and add a custom touch, or do you propose that nobody ever customize their cars?

its rice because its completely out of place on a car designed in the early 90s. yes, there were some cars in the 60s and 70s that had sequential turn signals (and what a clusterfuck of relays and actuators they were) but they also have completely different designs over all that make them visually work (when they werent broken, anyway). LED lights in cars of ours generation just look wrong. im not saying you cant customize your car, its just that some things flat out dont look right and end up being tacky and/or ricey.

stock JDM tails ftw.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6551/challengerear2.jpg

Archived