LegacyGT.com

Towing a Uhaul 6x12 with a Legacy 2.5i Sedan?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My '08 struggles when I add three other passengers and/or something heavy in the trunk.

Sounds a little excessive to me. :confused:

I can definitely agree on this one, on my 05 either with a bunch of people, or a lot of gear I can definitely feel the engine struggling.

Sounds a little excessive to me. :confused:

For me, it's called getting used to smaller engines. We came from sixes with higher horsepower and torque. Before our two Subarus, the last car I bought with less than 170hp was a new '86 Saab 900. A lot of my past cars were higher priced and in a different league. When it comes to engine and suspension, you usually get what you pay for. A couple weeks ago, I put three 50-lb. sacks of soil in the trunk of my Legacy. Boy, could I feel it in terms of both engine power and suspension (hence my original comment that I couldn't imagine lugging around a 2,700-lb. trailer). I never had that in my previous 200-hp Tribute or any of the more expensive cars. My wife's Outback seems to respond better to the added weight. I'm not complaining. The Subarus are great values, my car handles fine with just me and a modest load in the trunk, and I no longer feel luxury cars are worth the extra money. I'm willing to live with a few compromises to get AWD and decent gas mileage. Even the Tribute could only get 16mpg around town.

Archived