LegacyGT.com

Any problems with Whiteline LCA bushings?

BAC5.2

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with their WL LCA bushings?

I am thinking about doing the WL front and rear LCA bushings, the RCK, and the WL steering rack bushings.

Anyone have all of them?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I had the WL LCA f/r bushings, RCK and SRB's put on at the same time I had AZP install Konis/Epic springs and FSB with KB endlinks. Prior to the suspension overhaul, I only had the Epics on stock shocks, Perrin 22mm RSB with KB endlinks and AVO mounts.

I have fallen in love with the car all over again. The steering, response and ride have improved drastically. I have noticed a slight increase in NVH over rough roads, but then again I also have Hankook V12s put on :shrug:

Edit: No problems so far as I only had the overhaul done ~2-3k miles ago back in May.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

I have'em all (with offset rear bushing). RCK and SR bushings since last summer, and LCA bushings since mid-spring. I like the steering feel and the quickness of response. There's definitely an increase in NVH from swapping the rear bushing though. I'm probably swapping all those out soon, so I can inspect how they were holding up and let you know.

Swapping them out for what? Back to stock?

Anyone done them on an Outback?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

We have installed a lot of the LCA Bushings on the Outbacks/Legacies. Really a phenominal products. Over the years we've always love the Whiteline products back to the days we used their sway bars on our GC Imprezas in the 90s. The older sway bars circa 1999, had rust issues where the paint/coating wasn't up for the salty NE weather. The only other "bad" product we've seen were their "coat hanger" end links for the GC Imprezas that tended to break easily.

We've always suggested the WL LCA Bushings for our customer and just recently we became a Whiteline Authorized Dealer. Shortly we will be one of the only Whiteline Performance Centers as well.

Since we see a lot of WL stuff and install a lot, we have to say they are a great product without downsides to speak of. The advantage of the LCA Bushings from them over the AVO for example is the caster adjustment post-install. The AVO you set before you press in the bushing, the WL can be adusted afterward IIRC.

We've installed them on several Outbacks who have come through for 60k or 90k services and had the usual torn LCA bushing issue.

We also had a special tool built to press out the inner LCA bushings as well.

-mike

Thanks Mike, I just wanted to confirm.

What about the roll center kit? Have you fit that on an Outback?

Which fits my situation perfectly.

Thanks!

Now if only I could figure out why my Outback has the "wrong" part number air filter compared to what it is "supposed" to have...

It should be.

But all part numbers show the same filter between the N/A and Turbo cars.... and they aren't the same. I have a different part number stamped on the filter under hood. Mine has many fewer pleats than the filter part number that Subaru lists for the car...

I have the whiteline inner front LCA, rear positive caster LCA, steering rack, RC/bumpsteer kit, and both rear differential bushings on my lowered outback. I highly recommend all of them. If I had to pick my two favorite it would be the positive caster rear LCA and RC/bumpsteer kit, but while you're at it I would just do them all. Really gives the car a much better, precise feel all around.

We have also had great customer/dealer support from Whiteline as a company. The few times we had an issue with their parts, they replaced them for us no questions asked. So in this world of cheap chinese parts and companies who are wishy washy on standing behind their products, Whiteline is pretty stand out on that!

-mike

Archived