LegacyGT.com

BUying a 05 GT LTD Wagon

JJr

Hello all, my 1st post here. I sold my 05 GT LTD (AT) Wagon back in 1/08 in Calif. I have the oppotunity to buy it back ( private party), after much research on Edmunds and KBB, I'm having a tough time figuring out a fair price. 66k, it needs tires,60k service and brakes frnt/rear, cars in same excellent condition as I sold it, it has had the oil maintained every 3k no mechanical problems since I originally purchased it. I figure it will take $1.5k for sevice and tires ( thinking about Cont.Extreme contact DWS all weather any thoughts). Any thoughts on a price would be very helpful. Thx in advance.

Joe

I'm looking to buy one too, hopefully someone chimes in to answer your question on the good price. I will say +1 to conti extreme contacts. I've have three sets of them including the DWS on my last car; those tires love the snow. The quick wear is my biggest concern, as I have yet to get more than 25K out of any set, even with rotations at 5K miles which is why if I've switched to the Potenza RE960AS PP's on our other car. Good luck with the purchase!

I sure hope one of these knowledgeable legacy GT owners/buyers helps us out. I live in Reno curently where we do have a bit of snow, but I may be moving to San Diego so I want tires that will work in the snow when I travel to RENO/Tahoe, I've read good things about the Cont. DWS& Goodyear Eagle GT but I want more than 25k miles, I won't be driving to aggressively ( maybe at times) I'll check out the Potenza's. Thx

i would see how much private party values are currently for your area... not just kbb but actually combing through private sale ads... i would prob guess anywhere in the $12-13k range is a good price, anything below that is really good.

• 2 weeks later...
Purchased the O5 LGT Wagon 2 weeks ago for$13,500 needs tires, brakes & partial 60k. These wagon's are hard to find in norcal non exsistent in Reno. Dealer's want an arm&leg. Good Luck all!

Archived