LegacyGT.com

Shift and stall

Since fixing up my car, it tends to idle pretty normal. Hoever, if I reverse ad shift back into first at rpms around 2-2.5K, it stalls. I am obviously holding the clutch in. This never happened on my previous fwd car. Is this bad or hard on my differential?

No, my previous car was, and it never had a problem with me switched from reverse to forwards. Thats what made me think the stalling was due to being hard on the rear diff, as though I'm demanding it to switch directions whilst it is moving too fast.

• I Donated
The clutch in my OB is kind of funny. I have to get it ALL THE WAY to the floor when I shift. However, I don't have to in my 95 or 97 sedans. Each clutch is different

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

It does have an aftermarket clutch and flywheel in it. I think I'm just going to be more forgiving on the trans and diff when back and forthing lulz. Dern trannies ackin all weird. Thanks for the input!

Come to a stop and let the revs die back down before changing to first. If it doesn't stall when you don't drive like a plonker, then she's all right. :)

And yeah, ditto for putting the clutch right to the floor, I find them much easier to handle when you do this. If you get into the habbit of only pushing it in as far as you need to, then you will be getting it wrong on occasion, and adding wear to the clutch, and when you jump into a car with a new clutch like mine you'll make a mess of your synchros. I have a mate who only pushes the clutch in as far as he needs, as a result, I don't let him drive my car, because he graunches it like a mofo.

Archived