LegacyGT.com

05-09 acura tsx advice

Anyone own a tsx here? If so...hows the experience or car overall vs our lgts? I seen some and they look pretty nice. I was thinking of picking a used one up for daily driver. Is it worth it or just a waste to get into one? Along side my lgt...any experiences or advice welcome!

I drove a 2010 TSX with tech package automatic as a loaner a handful of times.

Driving wise, the experience was great. Handling was tight, and car felt very planted. It is pretty heavy as is our legacy's. Steering was sharp and better than my stock legacy. Engine was the 4 cylinder which was very comparable to my 2.5i non turbo. A little more power. Transmission was a paddle shifter version. Very great to drive. You won't be disappointed with driving quality less the power. =]

All the fit and finish was great as per acura. Great materials, seats were comfortable. Even the rear seats were usable for extended periods of time.

Only beef with the tsx is the nav. It was very outdated for a 2010. Maps seemed to be a few years old. It wasn't hard to use, just outdated.

I know some LGT members here than went to the TSX as replacements. Test drive it would be my advice.

• 4 weeks later...

the 2010 tsx is the newer style.

I find myself looking at the 04-09 style tsx as well to replace the lgt. a possible burnt vlave on a 55k engine should not happen and has me looking at the tsx.

bump for any input from owners.

I've driven an automatic 2005 or 2006 TSX and a 2007 Spec.B so hopefully I can help.

6-speed TSX is uber rare, so you'll most likely end up with an automatic. In terms of power, it's more comparable to a 2.5i, except the K24 consumes premium fuel. So be prepared to be disappointed if you want equal/more power than the LGT. Since it's an N/A 4 cylinder, it will also be difficult and expensive to extract more power from the K24.

Stock vs stock, I think the TSX handles a bit better. It's ~100 lbs lighter than the LGT and uses double wishbone.

In terms of interior quality, sound system, quietness, and refinement, I think the TSX wins as well.

Archived