LegacyGT.com

Amazon and Philips X-treme Power H7

bluesuby

Just replaced a headlamp bulb and with one Silverstar in reserve, I figured on shopping at Amazon and maybe trying something different. I spotted a Philips X-treme Power H7 package of two bulbs for arond $27 with free shipping. They appear to be the conventional 55w bulbs, but with a boast of "up to" 80% more light. Then I click on the "Will this fit my car?" (2005 LGT Wagon) and Amazon's answer is no. I have an e-mail in to Amazon to ask why, but I thought I'd toss this out to you for comments. Longevity seems to be an issue with H7 bulbs, so can I expect more life from a Philips X-treme than a Silverstar Ultra? Any comments on the 80% more light (I'll be happy with 10%)? And of course, will this bulb fit my car? Why/why not?

Well, yes...I started to look through 40 pages of that thread but I couldn't find anything specific to what I'm asking.

It's an H7 bulb, it'll fit just fine. As for lifespan, unless they specifically say extra long life or something like that, you can assume that it's the standard rated 500 hours.

Anything that touts being brighter without making the filament beefier to compenstate will have almost always have REDUCED life. (e.g. H7 Ultra +50).

Osram H7 Rallye still last 500 hours.

Thank you. I guess Amazon just isn't careful maintaining the tables of "what fits" in the way of bulbs. Having read some obscure posts about differences in the base of some H7 bulbs, I worried that the Philips might be a variation of the H7. I think I'll give Philips a chance since all H7s have a somewhat reduced life and Sylvania has a reputation for burning out quicker.

Archived