LegacyGT.com

Kartboy end link kit (front and rear)

sooberoo

So just an update, I did install my Perrin sway bar and I drove around for two miles and what a difference, however turning in to my driveway (on my way back) I heard something fall off, both endlinks are now broken:) xero287 I should have read your post sooner... But let me tell you for those who are limited on tools spraying the bolts before install definitely made everything easier, I only had 1 bolt round off! Pb blaster ftw

So just an update, I did install my Perrin sway bar and I drove around for two miles and what a difference, however turning in to my driveway (on my way back) I heard something fall off, both endlinks are now broken:) xero287 I should have read your post sooner... But let me tell you for those who are limited on tools spraying the bolts before install definitely made everything easier, I only had 1 bolt round off! Pb blaster ftw

Wait, so you broke both the Kartboy endlinks? :eek:

What size Perrin? I have the 22mm one.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

He made the mistake of being normal bolts/nuts/washers, when the ones that kartboy sends you are SIGNIFICANTLY bigger; ie. If the washer is not big enough then it'll pierce right though the rubber bushings and start to push the internal metal bushing out. Happened on all 4 of my endlinks, but hey I practically have brand new ones now since I replaced all 4 with new bushings from kartboy =)

^ I understand that. But I'm wondering about the state of which they are broken. In my head, I'm picturing broken where it connects, or in half, which I'd like to see pictures of since I've never seen a broken Kartboy endlink as those bones are thick.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

I dont think the endlink is actually broken, instead I think the bushing is. If the bushing rips far enough, (in my case it did) then the head of the bolt will just chill inside of the endlink with no support, if both bushing rip (top and bottom) then I supposed the endlink would just fall off.

Hey guys, xero287 is correct, just the bushings are broken, but I did use the right bolts from lowes, they were the exact ones I got from fredbeans. The only thing is I rushed getting this done at the end, Fredbeans never sent my bolts(the first time) and said they would arrive that day but never did and since I didn't buy the washers it was my screw up. Sorry for not explaining that those steel links are bullet proof!

Archived