LegacyGT.com

Need a verdict

Hey there,

Right now my 3.0R is under an extended warranty gold plus (80,000miles/5years). However, I am starting to do some heavy modding on it. Eg. suspension mods, engine tuning etc.

I think those mods will probably void my extended warranty, so I am wondering if I should just refund the warranty right now. What do you guys think?

From past experience you have to sell the car to get the warranty back. I have done this twice and needed to bring proof car was sold andactual mileage to get refund. Read the back of the paperwork they gave you.

I was told by Subaru of America that I am allowed an refund. The dealer told me the same thing.

Maybe I was misled, let me read the paperwork. :lol:

If it is an extended warranty, yeah. You didn't know? :lol:

i got 100k warranty when purchasing the car. why you might ask? well its was my first turbo car i didnt want anything to go wrong but now i wish i hadnt gotten it. so this is refundable even tho im paying payment on it?

i got 100k warranty when purchasing the car. why you might ask? well its was my first turbo car i didnt want anything to go wrong but now i wish i hadnt gotten it. so this is refundable even tho im paying payment on it?

Let me double check it. I remember distinctly the dealer told me that it is refundable, they didn't mention anything about selling the vehicle. Maybe they are lying, maybe not. I will keep you posted.

It's refundable, pro-rated of course, but the dealer you bought it from will hate you forever.

If you plan to honestly disclose all mods to a dealer when something goes wrong you're probably better off cancelling it. But only 'probably', since mods to engine/suspension don't void warranty on other unrelated parts. Personally I had to have the navi replaced. Would've costed some $$$ to do w/o ext. warranty, even if I did this myself.

Yes. I just checked the paperwork. It is refundable.

There is a penalty for the refund though. It will be pro-rated and 10% deducted from every month since your warranty started.

It's refundable, pro-rated of course, but the dealer you bought it from will hate you forever.

If you plan to honestly disclose all mods to a dealer when something goes wrong you're probably better off cancelling it. But only 'probably', since mods to engine/suspension don't void warranty on other unrelated parts. Personally I had to have the navi replaced. Would've costed some $$$ to do w/o ext. warranty, even if I did this myself.

i need to see how much im paying for extended warranty to see if its worth getting a refund.

if i didnt have warranty and my navi broke, i would have gotten alpine or other aftermarket navi.

Yeah, I am going to ask for a refund the next time I am in for an oil change. If my math is correct (finance major here). I am looking about $1,000 back. But I am pretty sure the stealership is going to screw me over.

haha +1 on being screwed again..

I will just ask them to give me the formula of how they do it. Sometimes those finance guys at the stealership are just out to milk money from every customer. Really piss me off sometimes. :mad:

Archived