LegacyGT.com

Launch control....anyone?

shtbxr22

Follow their instructions. Set the LC offset to 3500 RPM first (remember the offset is subtracted from your red line).

I recommend using it more as a 2-step (light throttle) to just hold the revs before you quickly and smoothly give the clutch just a little bit of slip. Also, don't sit there bouncing off the limiter. Your EGT's skyrocket and the car wants to heatsoak during LC, so at most hold it for a few seconds as the lights drop.

^------one of the most important posts in this thread so far. Having a second stage rev limiter for launching IS really nice. Just don't use it so you can launch WOT and side-step the clutch....unless you really like pulling trannys that is. :spin:

-Steve

I had an issue with logs dropping out using my VAG-COM. I think I was trying to look at too much data. I eliminated some of the logging parameters to quicken up the sampling rate and it took care of the problem.

What are you using for logging? RomRaider? I had the problem using another program, or an older program (ECU explorer). Rom Raider works fine.

Follow their instructions. Set the LC offset to 3500 RPM first (remember the offset is subtracted from your red line).

I recommend using it more as a 2-step (light throttle) to just hold the revs before you quickly and smoothly give the clutch just a little bit of slip. Also, don't sit there bouncing off the limiter. Your EGT's skyrocket and the car wants to heatsoak during LC, so at most hold it for a few seconds as the lights drop.

do it this way and it works good.

i've used it 4 times just to make people jealous.

My tranny and clutch are still fine...for now

I need to figure out my logging issues for that. 1 out of 5 of my WOT logs are usable. Most have huge chunks of info that just disappear. I've heard that logging with a 1.3 Tactrix or vag-com cable remedies this. Any experience?

I have a 1.3 and had no issues for years, but then for a week or three it would cut out around 4000-5000 RPM. I tried removing power to the DCCD controller I installed at the same time, but that didn't change anything. Tried putting chokes on the Tactrix cable and on the new DCCD wiring (it has a wire that goes to the ECU's TPS pin), those didn't help.

Reduced my timing a bit, and the problem went away. Funny coincidence.

Around the same time, two of the reverse-engineering guys at RomRaider mentioned that they found some code in the ECU that causes the data logging communications to glitch when there's knock.

So if I was you I'd pull timing at the load and RPM where your logs cut out, and see if that helps. The logs might be cutting out right around where you're knocking. If they are, that's bad and it should be fixed.

I like launching the old-fashioned way, but I could see FFS being pretty useful.

Someone over at NASIOC said he had really good results setting FFS up so that it cut fuel at the normal redline, and didn't resume fuel until a much power RPM (5000, maybe, I don't really remember) or, more importantly, when the clutch was released. The idea was to just let the motor spin down with the throttle plate wide open so you maintain boost but don't bounce off the rev limiter. I haven't tried it yet, but it's tantalizing. The patches at ecu-modes.com don't seem to allow setting the fuel-cut and fuel-resume independently, though.

so I think I'm gonna get the $35 launch control from ecu mods, do I need my OS tune on my laptop to be able to apply this? I do not have a copy of the tune, nor have I ever loaded a tune on my car...my tuner and the shop that did the install has a copy of the tune...will they have to patch it in for me?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived