LegacyGT.com

07 lgt rims on 05 lgt

blue2.5gt

hey guys,

i have a set of winter tires and high performance all seasons, up till now ive been using the same rims to mount both tires (on my 05 abp lgt). i was looking at getting 4 2007 lgt rims because i like the style and i could use them with my summer tires, while having the winter tires on the 05 stock rims.

this is the look im going for:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31442&d=1170509400

http://www.discount-auto-parts-store.com/wheels_rims/subaru-legacy-oem_alloy_wheel_rims-aly68757u20.html

are these the same wheels (are the ones in that picture above painted silver or no?)? i went to town fair tire and they said that they arent oem but aftermarket reproduction. is this true, and if it is is there any different? has anyone tried them? anyone selling 4 07 wheels?

thanks,

blue2.5gt

ya thats a good observation, when i went to town fair tire they told me the same thing that all the sites i found were actually linking to the same vendor. is it a good idea to buy an aftermarket replica wheel though? has anyone done it before?

People buy replica rims from aftermarket companies

What I mean is Rota are replicas of other companies. and Rotas are considerably cheaper and most people do not have problems. What I mean people post information about their Rota rims being junk and people do not post how they do not have problems with their Rota

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

• 3 weeks later...
so i bought the reconditioned 2007 legacy gt wheels, they look great but seem to weigh around 23 pounds. is that high?

thanks

blue2.5gt

Not Sure about weight but how did u pay to your door? And in guessing the site is legit? As I want also!!!

hey i paid 504 out the door with free shipping for 4 wheels (considering the local dealer wanted 400 per wheel it was a pretty good deal haha). it would have been ~480 but apparently they have a warehouse in ct so i was charged sales tax. i will post pics/comments when i have them installed on monday. heres the website:

http://www.wheelsandcaps.com/w_selection.asp?syn=&_SUPPLIERSKU=ALY68757U&WandCRETURN=&_YEAR=2007&_MAKE=SUBARU&_MODEL=LEGACY

apparently there are 2 different kinds, the painted (i bought these) and the polished. both were put on 07-09 lgt by subaru, i think depending on the color. the only thing is they dont include center caps, so i went to the local subaru dealer and they wanted 25 each for them. i said screw that, found this place online that has em for 16 each: http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partdetail.php?partid=16734

the caps are coming in today, i got the part number from the dealer for the center caps.

hope that helps

so is a ~23 lb wheel vs ~21 (stock) going to give any noticeable change in handling or performance?

Prob very minor if any at all. your talking like what 8 lbs total? yea you could go into unsprung mass and stuff but really:spin:

I take a major hit in power when theres 2 people in my car, about 270lbs of dead weight on stock tune. Yea I can feel 1st gear not pulling as hard to pass/overtake

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

here are pics of the wheels, center cap, and the center cap laid on the wheel. i also took a pic of the subaru logo which is part of the wheel which indicates it is a reconditioned factory wheel. i will post installed before/after pics next week

2011-08-21_02-52-50_209.thumb.jpg.cfc5e970288fb55925c14dea7843c695.jpg

2011-08-21_02-53-04_249.thumb.jpg.6f56d0a74485d5d8c8a7ce911450b7c4.jpg

2011-08-21_02-53-29_434.thumb.jpg.dd5dfb46efaadc0ff1a76fda4d2ecf85.jpg

2011-08-21_02-53-53_232.thumb.jpg.721055abf679db17b9fc19a1e78ab1aa.jpg

2011-08-21_02-54-02_366.thumb.jpg.e7515ea0c996465e08dd8b24a7d9c588.jpg

2011-08-21_02-54-13_196.thumb.jpg.dcd6423154aaa6c64ebfc82209fb038b.jpg

not 100% sure, but out of curiosity i measured the old center caps and new center caps and they appear to be the same size. the pattern on the back isnt the same though between the two center caps, i dont know if that really matters, i dont think it does. but id get a new set of center caps so you dont scratch up that inner wheel hole by continually removing and placing the center cap, thats my opinion

Prob very minor if any at all. your talking like what 8 lbs total? yea you could go into unsprung mass and stuff but really:spin:

I take a major hit in power when theres 2 people in my car, about 270lbs of dead weight on stock tune. Yea I can feel 1st gear not pulling as hard to pass/overtake

alright its good to know that it wont make much difference. thanks for the reply

Update: Do not order from that wheelsandcaps company, they sent me 4 wheels, turns out one of them they sent was for a tribeca I think. Asked them to replace it which they did... then they sent me the same WRONG wheel again, and now they are saying there is some mix up.

Archived