LegacyGT.com

Spark Plug Change Idle Off

Yeah I'm not pleased at all by the outcome but this has become the car I wish we had not bought. Get it up and running so the wife can just drive it and stop dicking around trying to do the servicing myself. We'll never by another subi again since it's clear their not built well. Stick to honda, who has better engineering behind their cars and are less wasteful designs.

:lol: at you and your backwards thinking. :lol: in your face.

Its your fault. All your fault, all of these issues. You bought the wrong plugs. Man the ffffff%]+#!| up to it, admit you didnt use the search button before installing the wrong plugs.

Sent from tapatalk, yo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update. Proper plugs in and Amazon is working to get me the repair back.

Search isn't some obvious, so when three places say the part works one figures it works. The only thing screwed up here is that the parts database everywhere is showing improper information. To make this more interesting the dealership was not aware of the length differences between NKGs for the 2.0 and 2.5 motors. This is the source of the problems it seems.

Well the Dealer is obviously retarded and sh

ould have known better. Hows it running now?

It's running properly now. Revs don't drop to stall levels, power comes on smooth and strong from the start and the idle is not violent.

I still notice that it's not as smooth a 4cyl motor as my honda but I believe that's because of the horizontal motor. This sound reasonable?

I should say too at idle the motor is under heavy AC load due to the 90+ temps out. Flick the AC off for a moment, and just for a moment before you die of overheating, and the motor smooths out some more.

Dealer didn't re-set ECU and I plan on doing that tomorrow morning when I have my tools with me. This all sound reasonable?

I would reset the ECU but I would guess that they had the negative terminal removed which is how you do it. So it is probably already reset. My wife has an 09 Civic......I have owned two Integras(93/01) and a CRX. All were fully swapped.....built and one was turboed. They do run differently...but it is the nature of the beast. You are comparing a N/A Honda to a Turbocharged Subaru engine. If you wanted it completely smooth a 3.0R woudl have been a better choice.
[

I would reset the ECU but I would guess that they had the negative terminal removed which is how you do it. So it is probably already reset. My wife has an 09 Civic......I have owned two Integras(93/01) and a CRX. All were fully swapped.....built and one was turboed. They do run differently...but it is the nature of the beast. You are comparing a N/A Honda to a Turbocharged Subaru engine. If you wanted it completely smooth a 3.0R woudl have been a better choice.

The way it is now works. I just don't have a good base line to compare idle too.

Hope this helps.......some are louder than others.....do not mind the different intercooler and manifold. The 2.5 Turbo engines all sound the same. Mine was slightly louder than most. It also was developing a cracked ringland.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kniQ7agYfsA]‪Legacy GT Engine Start Up Standard Idle‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[

Word is their parent company, honda, has ungodly amounts of racing heritage. More so than Ferrari :eek:

I love how people pick up on something they know nothing about and stick to it. Googling your opinion would find that things do point to Honda's longer list of victories.

It's clear Ferrari holds the most records in F1, but they do nothing notable outside F1. No Indy and no 2 wheeled motoGP.

So if you think Ferrari has more race heritage, you're wrong. I don't believe there is any other company out there that holds more records across 2 and 4 wheeled racing then Honda. Correct me with your facts.

I love how people pick up on something they know nothing about and stick to it. Googling your opinion would find that things do point to Honda's longer list of victories.

It's clear Ferrari holds the most records in F1, but they do nothing notable outside F1. No Indy and no 2 wheeled motoGP.

So if you think Ferrari has more race heritage, you're wrong. I don't believe there is any other company out there that holds more records across 2 and 4 wheeled racing then Honda. Correct me with your facts.

Just silly, you're creating a category, for the sake of argument, that you know only Honda is a part of (2 and 4 wheeled racing). Compartmentalizing your criteria is as silly as focusing on horsepower per liter as a gauge for performance.

If I were to take the same angle as you, I'd point out that Subaru engines (the same ones used in cars) are used in airplanes for their reliability. I'd then point out Subaru's track record in rally racing. From there I'd ask you to show me how Honda stacks up to Subaru in rally racing and airplane usage.

It must have been an uncomfortable conversation in your household when the wife said she wanted a Subaru... I can only imagine the F1 and VTEC references that were thrown out to try and change her mind. Sadly, your tainted attitude is probably turning her away from a good car. Just like this spark plug incident, you order the wrong plugs, have all sorts of problems, and somehow Subaru sucks because you ordered the wrong plugs.

just silly, you're creating a category, for the sake of argument, that you know only honda is a part of (2 and 4 wheeled racing). Compartmentalizing your criteria is as silly as focusing on horsepower per liter as a gauge for performance.

If i were to take the same angle as you, i'd point out that subaru engines (the same ones used in cars) are used in airplanes for their reliability. I'd then point out subaru's track record in rally racing. From there i'd ask you to show me how honda stacks up to subaru in rally racing and airplane usage.

It must have been an uncomfortable conversation in your household when the wife said she wanted a subaru... I can only imagine the f1 and vtec references that were thrown out to try and change her mind. Sadly, your tainted attitude is probably turning her away from a good car. Just like this spark plug incident, you order the wrong plugs, have all sorts of problems, and somehow subaru sucks because you ordered the wrong plugs.

this.

Silly me a company that builds racing cars first and road cars second has no right to be compared to Honda when it comes to race heritage.

And really now your going to add MotoGP into the mix. Because we ALL know Ferrari makes motorcycles.....

I'm not surprised, but the change interval is probably a lot shorter requiring you to change plugs at every other oil change.

Probably every 30K instead of 60K. I dislike precious metal tipped spark plugs. Copper plugs still give the best spark and do not foul easily. I'll spend 45 minutes every 30K to change them out.

Archived