LegacyGT.com

215/55/16 vs 205/55/16

well, my AWD is whining and i am pretty sure I need new tires (FWD fuse is in for now) I have 215/55/16 on it now and would like to stay with that. I know OEM 205/55/16 are a bit smaller in daimeter (about .4-.5in) this shouldn't throwing the speedo off too much should it? the tires I am looking at are Kuhmo Ecsta LX Platinum, anyone try these yet?

• I Donated

If you want Kuhmos, I suggest the Exsta ASX tires. I have had them and they are great

You will be just fine running 215s. Speedometer readings will be marginally different at best. You would never notice.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

If you want Kuhmos, I suggest the Exsta ASX tires. I have had them and they are great

You will be just fine running 215s. Speedometer readings will be marginally different at best. You would never notice.

+1 to the asx's

• I Donated
ive never liked kumho. imo much better tires are out there

There are much better tires out there, however for someone on a budget Kuhmos seem to be the best "budget tire"

You can buy a set of Kuhmo ASXs for around 400 bucks new installed. If you get into "better" tires, they go up into the $1500 range installed. My tires were $1200 (not installed)

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Well, It started whining after i fixed the AWD, long story but the short version was there was a dime shoved in the Transfer Control valve port. it was fine for a few days, but suddenly started whining. I put the FWD fuse in and it stopped completely. I really hope it is just tires (one in particular is badly worn on the inside due to bad alignment) I have already had to tear into the transfer section twice and I don't want to get in there again. My assumption is that under normal driving the AWD should not be engaged? since the FWD fuse stops the whine it is obviously coming from the AWD engaging. the only other possibility would be the rear tail shaft bearing, and I am hoping it isn't that. the whine sounds to me more like gears binding up.

Archived