LegacyGT.com

STi turbo fitment on LGT 05

Im currently looking for turbos for my build and am wondering what all it would take to run a blouch or similar STi fitment turbo on my LGT. I know intake mani would have to change but im wondering what else i would have to change to get these turbos to run on the legacys. UP? FMIC piping?

Thanks

JB

Im currently looking for turbos for my build and am wondering what all it would take to run a blouch or similar STi fitment turbo on my LGT. I know intake mani would have to change but im wondering what else i would have to change to get these turbos to run on the legacys. UP? FMIC piping?

Thanks

JB

You could do all that or get a rotated UP :) and FMIC with those two components you can run any turbo you like as long as you have the UP and DP flanges to match :)

You could do all that or get a rotated UP :) and FMIC with those two components you can run any turbo you like as long as you have the UP and DP flanges to match :)

Have FMIC but already bought new DP and UP which would suck to have to hack up. Ill read through the threads and see whats cheapest to run what i want :cool:

Your fmic should allow you to use an sti style turbo. The only difference is the connecting for the intercooler. Lgt style is with the 2 hole flange and sti style turbos are connected with just a coupler. The FMS fmic should have both pipes included with the kit iirc. Everything else is the same.

If you went with a rotated set up, the benefits are that you can run a much larger turbo and also set it up as a blow through setup. This allows you to run off of speed density rather than Maf scaling for a/f ratio. Pretty cool when your running a big maf with larger injectors and don't want to have to tune for the maf. Speed density just runs off of engine speed; same power at any altitude.

Archived