LegacyGT.com

Difference between GT and Spec-B?

what ever you end up with, don't get soap in the intercooler.

why is this? how would you even avoid doing this?

thanks for reminding me to update my location/info, left japan about a year and a half ago and had to leave the B4 behind :mad:

Best way to avoid, is to remove the intercooler and then wash the car. Don't forget to clean the throttle body and turbo outlet while you are in there. Soap really helps break up the oil and get things really clean!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

...Yes, the GT came in 5spd auto and 5spd manual in every year 2005+....atleast in the U.S. that is

Correction, the GT Sedans came in 5EAT and 5MT in every year 2005+. The GT Wagons came in 5EAT and 5MT only in 2005. 2006 and 2007 GT Wagons (2007 was the last year for any U.S. Legacy Wagon, GT or other variant :icon_sad:) only came in 5EAT.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Yes, the GT came in 5spd auto and 5spd manual in every year 2005+....atleast in the U.S. that is

I thought you knew better then that...:(

You must have just got caught up in the moment,,,

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well the Op wasn't specific about GT sedans or wagons - only that he was coming from a B4 (sedan) so thought it worthwhile to ensure all info provided on GTs was accurate.

That the ROTW has Legacy GT and Spec B wagons in H4-2.0T, H4-2.5T and H6-3.0 power garb, with autoboxes as well as 5- and 6-speed manual transmissions, isn't germane to the U.S. market, but it is worth mentioning any way.

why is this? how would you even avoid doing this?

thanks for reminding me to update my location/info, left japan about a year and a half ago and had to leave the B4 behind :mad:

I used to drive a GTB in Japan(96 2.0 twin turbo, predessor to the B4)

A stage 2 legacy gt or stg 2 spec b would be a little faster IMHO. I drove a GTB, Forester STI and my LGT, and it seemed like the GTB was the slowest, because it takes a while before you make good boost.

I could never figure out.

Why stop offering the 5MT in the Legacy GT Wagon for 06/07, yet keep a 5MT in the Outback XT from 05-09?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Why stop offering the 5MT in the Legacy GT Wagon for 06/07, yet keep a 5MT in the Outback XT from 05-09?

Because...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

:iam: And no one will ever be able to explain it...

Salesman told me I could time travel at 30 mph instead of the 88 mph that POS DeLorean had to go. Something about the torque, awd & B tag bending the space time continuum... That and the Flux Capacitor is standard on the Spec B.

Archived