LegacyGT.com

Advice w/eBay purchase - blower motor

I've been looking at options in purchasing a blower motor for my car ('91 Legacy, LS).

Have found this eBay auction: 360368978024

and was wondering if it's even advisable to purchase a used blower motor or is that something that should "always" be new?

Also, is there anything specific I should be asking the Seller about the item? I don't know the questions to ask because I don't really understand much about blower motors yet.

(I'm more than familiar with eBay, so I'm not asking for suggestions on the actual purchase etc. :))

Lastly, how heavy are blower motors? I'm trying to estimate how much it'll cost to ship to Canada (free shipping to my friend in California, and then he'll ship to me).

Thanks!

I got a used one for $20 one time off of ebay and finally got around to installing it about 6 months later and it was a piece of crap. It turned out that wasnt even my problem though so I had to reinstall the stock one and throw that thing in the trash where it belonged.

They're not very heavy.

Tell him to make sure it works first by hooking it up to a battery and making sure it spins. Ask him to spin it and if it wobbles tell him to throw that crap in the garbage cause it's not worth putting in your car. You're looking for one with no real wobble play in the fan, one that spins pretty easily and one that runs ;)

Okay, thank you, LW. I'll tell him that I have a posse watching my back, so he'd better be ethical. ;)

Although there's a return policy you still have to pay the shipping to get the item back to the seller; often not worth the extra expense.

I just listened to a local news story on a Subaru Legacy ('96) being stolen out of some guy's driveway. A few days later he spotted the car in a mall parking lot, with the key still in the ignition. The thief might have good taste in cars, but he ain't too bright.

No problema.

Well, the thing with ebay is you win some and you lose some. If it works, you saved a ton of money. If it doesnt, you lose a bit. That guy told me the motor was running fine and come to find out it wasnt.

Installation only takes about 20 minutes the first time to hook your new one up though. It's all in the passenger compartment and you have to remove a few things. It's annoying, but a pretty simple job. Some of the bolts are annoying to get to though if I remember right. There's probably a writeup somewhere on here or bbs.legacycentral.org though if you need the help.

Also I guess he wasnt too worried about getting it stolen haha

Also I guess he wasnt too worried about getting it stolen haha

Reminds me of when I first got my bike, a Yamaha Virago. My friend has a Harley. I was telling him how concerned I was that my bike might get stolen because the lock didn't work properly.

He laughed, "Honey, you don't have too much to worry about". I didn't even get what he meant, at first.. lol

G'morning, LW

Yes, it's the worst summer. The rest of Canada is under a "heat dome" but apparently it forgot to keep moving farther, to the West.

I wouldn't call it super cold though, just a lot of rain and dark skies. Maybe I'll start eating Vitamin D caplets instead of popcorn.

My bike isn't registered this summer anyway, but that's okay. I can dream :)

C'mon now, we're not all Igloos and campfires up here, you know.. lol

My friend lives in Ohio and the temperature of our respective cities matched up for most of the Spring and Summer (last year).. Not during winter, of course. Gotta be hardcore to endure that, even tho' not as much in the last few years.

It's the humidity of some places that does me in. I really noticed it when I was at the Texas airport. Smelled like wet dog fur in that place.

Archived