LegacyGT.com

timing retard

hello everyone i haven't posted anything for a while, i have a 1998 legacy l wagon, mods couple of things done to it have a ej2.5t block heads are from the 2.2L that was originally in the car and intake also injectors are nissan sr20t i have a 255 lph fuel pump tdo4l turbo with custom up and down pipes front mount intercooler, im running 7.5 pounds of boost the wagons best time was 14.73 @ 89mph with a 1.98 60' and a 9.23 1/8th mile

Now my question is about timing im getting a lot of detonation when i have been running the car for a while and then i get on it especially now that the days are hot as !@#* so i've been looking for a way to retard my timing i do have an aem piggy back wish i haven't installed yet i had it in the car but aem made a really bad harness for the piggy back and the wires come off the plugs so im dealing with them about that is there any other way i can retard timing i need about 5 to 7 degrees back if anyone has an idea i would really appreciated thank you

• I Donated

You can't retard mechanic timing, however you can run more spark advance through the AEM to prevent detonation.

Are your a/f correct? Have you had a protune on the dyno?

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived