LegacyGT.com

Timing issue?

Howdy again. I just had my CEL come back on after replacing the crankshaft position sensor and having that plus "misfire on all 4 cylinders". I found out the new cel code is again"misfire on all 4 cylinders". I have a 97' Legacy L wagon, with the 2.5 motor swapped which has intake, ignition, and exhaust upgrades. Any advice for what may be my problem, and how I could right it?

• I Donated

coil pack, crankshaft position sensor, knock sensor, o2 sensor, mass air flow sensor can all cause misfire problems.

How many miles are on your car? If you have 150 - 200k miles on it, I would start with the knock sensor

multiple misfire codes that don't have anything else with them can be a pain in the ass to diagnose.

did you complete your drive cycles? there may be another code pending, or one that may show up after a day or so of driving. if you can get another code to appear, that may help you trace down the problem

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

The car has 260k on the body, less than 10k on the engine swap. I know it has a new coil pack. Where is the knock sensor located, so I can go ahead and replace it myself asap? I did a variety of highway and city driving, with no change in the code status

• I Donated

I wish you had another code with it.

Before you spend money, try doing a general cleaning...

Clean the mass air flow sensor, idle air control valve, throttle body, and run seafoam through the brake booster vacuum line (do it just a little tiny bit at a time though)...about 1/2 can of seafoam

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Will do. I also had an inspection appointment at the nearby Subbie dealer already set up for Wednesday. I'll try to get the cleaning done before that. What works best for cleaning engine components?

• I Donated

for the mass air flow, there is Mass Air Flow Sensor cleaner

the throttl ebody and idle air control valve, use carb cleaner or throttle body cleaner.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived