LegacyGT.com

Thoughts on 05 Legacy Gt

schmee

Hey all,

I am obviously new to the Legacy's but not Subaru. I am currently looking at an 05 Legacy GT with 80k. They want around $13k for the car which is 3-4k under KBB. It would be purchased from a dealer with an extended warranty.

I am curious if there were a lot of "known" issues with the 05 Gt's?? I have researched and read about the "banjo bolt" and wondered if that pertained to this year?

I am unsure about the timing belt\ Water pump but that would be an immediate swap if not done, along with 90k service.

Thanks in advance for the assistance,

Issues, problems, what do you mean...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/has-most-miles-their-lgt-and-they-holding-up-over-27680.html

After you get the car check the oil level every couple of day's until you know how much it drinks.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

In 1-2 years it's time for the Timing Belt, Water Pump, etc. I bought my lgt 3 years ago for 13k at 57,000 miles. Start asking at 11k and work from there since it's a Dealer. We all know how they are!

Archived