LegacyGT.com

Not feelin the juice

Stock 2005 GT 80K miles, no real history of any problems. The past couple months I'm just not feeling the surge I normally feel starting 3K RPM's. I have good power still, but normally around 1/2-3/4 throttle I feel that little push into my seat when her turbo's all spooled up. Now when she gets over 3,500 RPM there's more power, but not the normal GT thrust we all love.

Since I noticed the difference I've changed plugs, new air filter, regular oil change. I checked the MAF sensor when I did the air filter, all clean. Used different gas stations, even added some octane boost to one tank. Still no power surge...

My only thoughts are

-Hot weather, TMIC not cooling enough - using conservative timing?

-Waste gate not closing all the way?

-Tired dying turbo?

Otherwise I have no check engine light, no strange clunking, smoking, buzzing or hissing.

Any thoughts?

Im in CO too and have felt a little power drop but nothing I would be concerned about. You might want to pull a learning view and see how it looks. Since you stock a easy way to fix it is go stg1 or 2. Great local road tuner in Denver, Eric w/ torqued performance, check it out

Sounds like good advice there. Meet up with a Tuner so he can data log and make sure everything is safe.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I am in Colorado and driving home from USSSA softball tourney in Aurora today i felt the same thing...hot as heck today and that is what I attributed it to.

However, anybody have contact info for that road tuner..? May need to make a road trip up to see him...

Thanks

Same here i was tryin to catch up to a buddy and the powa just wasnt there. Probably didnt help i had my a/c blasting and my subs cranked ;).

Good advice on the LV though its easy enough to do and good to be on the safe side.

FWIW, last week here we had triple digits temps, for the drive home from work, granted we're close to sea level. But I didn't notice a power lose.

I did take it easier on the car. The morning drive to work most of the week was fine, temps in the mid 60's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I noticed the power loss in the heat much more on my stock car, it's not as noticeable at stage 2. I've been told the difference between winter temps and triple digit temps could be as much as 30hp :eek:! While I don't know the validity of this; it's shocking.

My car has really been sucking it up with this heat, the external temp said 102 the other day... Like suggested, pull a Learning View if you're concerned... I wouldn't go see a tuner just yet.. The difference between the daytime 102 and evening 84 was shocking...

Don't know, but worth checking (especially since you mentioned it) to make sure that your waste gate arm bushing is okay. I had similar symptoms, and it turned out the WGA bushing had worked loose and was holding the WG 1/2 over - 1/2 off the WG orifice. You can only get so much boost with the WG stuck in that position.

Also, not sure if you're running am Access Port or not, but if you are, then you can also try reflashing your map. At one point, I was only getting WG boost pressures (which is my base map) because the guy servicing my car disconnected the battery and reset the map to base map, which caused similar symptoms to yours. Didn't even tell me that he had disconnected the battery - had to find this out separately. Reflashed to my real-time map and life was good again.

Or it could just be this thuggin heat...

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived