LegacyGT.com

Immobilizer on Base 2.5GT?

Taken from [url]http://www.drive.subaru.com/Sum04_QuickStops.htm[/url]: [quote][b]Security Features[/b] A security system, engine immobilizer and shock (impact) sensor are all available for the 2005 Legacy and Outback models as follows: Security system (basic alarm) — standard on all models Immobilizer — [i]standard on all models except the Legacy 2.5i and 2.5i Limited models and the Outback 2.5i and 2.5i Limited models[/i] Shock sensor — optional on all models Security system: The system flashes an indicator light when the alarm system has been triggered. The number of flashes indicates the location of the intrusion or the severity of an impact on the vehicle. Immobilizer: As detailed, the immobilizer electronically prevents the engine from starting if an incorrect key is used. Shock sensor: Located under the front-passenger seat, the shock sensor triggers the alarm system upon sensing an impact to the vehicle. The degree and length of the alarm depend on the strength of the impact. A light impact causes the horn to chirp twice and the lights to flash twice. Harder impacts trigger the alarm and the flashing lights for 30 seconds.[/quote] How accurate is this information about the engine immobilizer, and the shock sensor, since it seems interesting to have as well.
-ben

I went along with Th3Franz when he went to pick up his GT. You get 2 tags for I think cutting the key and the immobilizer. We knew what the one was for, but the second could only be the immobililizer. They wouldn't have included it if it wasn't to be used. Remember, this is for a standard 2.5GT sedan. So my conclusion is that it definitely has the immobilizer on all GT's.

Archived