LegacyGT.com

5EAT & Diff fluid change

rob-2

No need to replace that filter unless it's physically damaged.

Isn't it a filter afterall? What is the purpose of the filter? Isn't it to filter out contaminants from the fluid? I'd rather replace a filter than tranny from damage done by dirt/shavings. Perhaps Subaru would like you to buy a transmission from them rather than replacing a filter.

• Moderators
Isn't it a filter afterall? What is the purpose of the filter? Isn't it to filter out contaminants from the fluid? I'd rather replace a filter than tranny from damage done by dirt/shavings. Perhaps Subaru would like you to buy a transmission from them rather than replacing a filter.

Don't forget to wear your tin foil hat when you sleep, otherwise the government will steal your dreams...:rolleyes:

There's no harm in changing it if you feel like spending the money. Make sure you don't leave the o-ring on there though, as it apparently has a tendency to stick and keeping two o-rings there will result in a leak.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Don't forget to wear your tin foil hat when you sleep, otherwise the government will steal your dreams...:rolleyes:

There's no harm in changing it if you feel like spending the money. Make sure you don't leave the o-ring on there though, as it apparently has a tendency to stick and keeping two o-rings there will result in a leak.

Our car has over 100K miles on it, it wouldn't hurt to change it at that many miles.

Hi. I have 2007 subaru outback sedan 3.0 H6,with 5AT.I want to change oil in both diffs.In owners manual there is written that it needs oil 75w90 GL-5.

The only problem is that I live in Europe,Georgia and here is only Motul gear 300 and Motul gear 300 LS.Motul gear 300 is GL-4/5,and gear300LS is GL-5,bat it has LS additives.please I need advise,which fluid is better and can I use this GL-5 LSD in my front or rear diff? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. I have 2007 subaru outback sedan 3.0 H6,with 5AT.I want to change oil in both diffs.In owners manual there is written that it needs oil 75w90 GL-5.

The only problem is that I live in Europe,Georgia and here is only Motul gear 300 and Motul gear 300 LS.Motul gear 300 is GL-4/5,and gear300LS is GL-5,bat it has LS additives.please I need advise,which fluid is better and can I use this GL-5 LSD in my front or rear diff? Thank you.

From my understanding, as long as its GL-5 rated it should be OK.

Archived