LegacyGT.com

Changing a front bumper

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for such a newbie question, but I used to have a 2001 WRX wagon and all the guys on that forum were super smart and helpful, so I figured you all would be just as cool.

We have a 98 Legacy L Wagon. It is nothing fancy, but an amazing car in running perfectly since day one. - brakes and tires and that's it! I keep looking for excuses to buy a new car, but I rarely drive and it just won't die.

Long story short, but I have a new freshly painted front bumper cover I need to put on this car. I'm not a mechanic, but I think I can handle this. I understand I should have plenty of extra "clips." My local Subaru parts guy was zero help. He had no idea what to order. Can anyone help me in pointing to the part numbers or some source that would make it easy to identify the parts I need (and order online)? Again, if I am being a sorry pathetic newbie, please forgive me! Thanks in advanced.

Hi Zues. Oh, I have the bumper and have been putting it off for a long long time. What I need, I think, are the "clips" or screws that are notorious for breaking off when switching bumper covers. I thought the Subie parts guy could find the part numbers, but he was not very helpful.

In this diagram there are a number of things that look like what I need, but am not sure if it is 10, 6, 4, 3, 16...

Archived