LegacyGT.com

Hey there ive been looking alot on the internet about intakes for legacys and im seeing when you put a cone filter on it makes the MAF sensor read wrong voltages and makes the air/fuel ratio very rich. When i bought mine it had a small cone filter put in and i also had 2 error codes 23 and 49 both for the maf sensor. So i went to a junkyard and got a new air box and now i have no codes, but i was wondering if i could just replace the plastic tube with metal piping(Hybrid intake). Has anyone done this on a 1st gen and if so were could i get the piping. Ebay has the whole system for like 170 but i just need the 40 dollar piping any ideas?

I see. So you just got the box, but no piping? I mean it'll have to be something that has the same bend. I'd say see if ebay sells a cheaper kit. You just need a knockoff at that point and then you can cut the piping to suit your needs. Or keep looking for the stock plastic piping in junk yards.

And yeah, the cone filters can.

if u dont want future problems, leave the stock intake. its the best out there for subarus anyway. your not driving a civic, so leave the spectres and autozone stuff alone. your wasting ur money and time trying to get power out of these cars. if you want to FEEL any power. do suspension mods, thats where these cars start to shine.

yeah i just wanted the piping to make it look nice i wasnt going to change the filter at all i just found the stock airbox and it runs alot smoother than the little cone filter did and now i dont have any ecu codes. No big deal really just thought it would look nicer with stainless pipe rather than the old black plastic tube.

Should've said "Hell, cams"

Delta Cams in Tacoma,Washington can do regrinds for under $200. You will have to send them your cams or send them a core. Pretty good turn around times. You have to be capable of pulling the engine apart sort of.

Archived