LegacyGT.com

05 Lgt Hood Scoop Options

HpJunkie

After seeing a few aftermarket scoops of who knows what brand, I was wondering what options we have for our scoops. Id love and aftermarket one that grabs more air. I have searched already. What do you guys have or know of for aftermarket scoops. TIA

From what i've seen posted here, a bigger scoop that is more WRX/STI looking makes it not exactly flow with the lines of our cars. In my opinion, the only way to get a bigger scoop is to have a custom hood made with a newer WRX/STI scoop but slightly more narrow to go with the body lines of our cars. If someone were to do this, I'd be very jealous.

The only good looking ones that I've seen are the hood extensions, they make the scoop look a little bigger without going over the top. Can't think of the brand bit ill look for it and post up info later

You can also get the Zero Sports Cool Action splitter at http://www.fastwrx.com for about $190, supposedly improves cooling by directing air over the entire TMIC. I have one on my car, whether or not it lives up to the ad hype I have no idea. Guess if I ever get bored enough and post my mods up it something to list anyway.

Yeah Ive seen one up close too. It seems like it would help direct the air over the IC better. The price is steep IMO to what you get tho. Im thinking maybe an Rrev Cf extension idk. I wish that there was a better scoop option for lgts. One thats not a snow shovel but something a but more than ours.

Someone customise a varis style bonnet with larger scoop and side vents. Total damage for it I am not sure. But it fits the bl5 nicely. The scoop doesn't look out of place. He uses it for the atf cooler.

hybrid sti bumper also for his fmic

have you seen this one?

Anybody tried it?

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/EG-K20/ImageFromDBCAS941DS.jpg

Bosco (stay stock, stay happy) had the Cyber R on his car. Search around he had photos of it. Was a little too big and to many $$'s for me.

The cyberR is what actually prompted me to start this thread because I thought, well what else is out there. I just spoke with someone with a cyberR, I think they run like 500 bucks, too rich for me. I do like the look of it though. If one was on here for sale used and cheaper, maybe Id grab it. Is it there just isnt a market for aftermarket scoops?

I did a hood scoop project on my old car, was not a legacy and it came out great. After about 30K miles the fiberglass started showing cracks then it cracked badly in one area. I live in PA so our roads are the worst in America IMO. Thats the only thing that worries me about doing a project like that again. Maybe when I get some cash, Ill look for an OEM hood and an STI hood, that way if problems arise, which they seem to always do, I can have my stock hood ready to go and not cut up.

Ive just noticed the same thing. I maybe a bit misleading haha. Im actually from Scott Township up in the mountains. I put Scranton because it is a recognizable location in PA. Nobody knows where Scott Township is. So where you located in scranton. I went to The U. for college.

Archived