LegacyGT.com

What should I do with my Legacy?!

Well, how much did you pay for the car? You can make a decent amount of money parting out a car. Sounds like you probably have bad headgaskets, which is a $1500 job at a shop all on its own. Add in all the other supposed issues and it sounds like getting rid of the car probably makes a whole lot more sense...

...and how did you not catch any of that beforehand?

haha yea i figured it wont sell for 1600, i had it up for 1000 at first and got so many calls i figured id try to get as much as i could so i put it up for 1600 obo. everything looked fine when i first bought it, only had it for 4 months. i dont know cars at all and was pressured into buying it so yea...

live and learn i guess. ive made poorer decisions.. when it comes to buying cars and just in general. hope this doesnt turn you away from subarus though!

if your not familiar with cars like you say always ALWAYS ask the seller if you can take it to a mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection. if the seller refuses, walk away.

I have a 1998 subaru legacy 2.5gt i had recently bought. Turns out i need a clutch, and the hydrolics. Transmission and it has powersteering leaks coolant leaks and oil leaks. Junkyard, fix, sell as is? Is there a cheap fix?

A year ago I sold my 99GT Limited for $2000.

It totally needed an engine and it had front end damage to the frame (which I actually wasn't aware of).

but it only had about 36k miles on it.

The guy I sold it to apparently fixed it up, and re-sold it for around $8k.

A year ago I sold my 99GT Limited for $2000.

It totally needed an engine and it had front end damage to the frame (which I actually wasn't aware of).

but it only had about 36k miles on it.

The guy I sold it to apparently fixed it up, and re-sold it for around $8k.

was it black 30th ann. auto?

i believe it was an optional package that just added gold accented rims and badging not sure what else.

i saw a nice black 99 ltd 30th ann for sale out of rhode island with 30 something k on it. maybe yours? i almost bought it.

i think it was 30th ann...weren't they all in '99?
the 99 model year and the 99 annv edition over lapped but were not the same. the 99 MY ran the same as all MYs. fall to fall, or what ever it is. the 99 anniv. edition started on jan 1, 1999 and ran for 12 months to 12/31/99.

i don't know what ''extras'' were on the 99 anniv. edition, but i think you can find out at www.cars101.com .

i believe it was an optional package that just added gold accented rims and badging not sure what else.

i saw a nice black 99 ltd 30th ann for sale out of rhode island with 30 something k on it. maybe yours? i almost bought it.

Mine did have gold emblems and wheels, but no anniversary badge. I think the gold was unique to the Limited.

The locational story of mine is South Park PA to Columbus OH to Morgantown WV to Pittsburgh PA. I don't know what the current owner has done with it.

Archived