LegacyGT.com

What is your contingency car?

Well, your other choice, a WRX, is not exactly frugal on fuel which is why I asked.

Must be someone else. I wouldn't even consider a WRX. Maybe an STi, but that's unlikely.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Must be someone else.

That would be me. :lol:

Responding to Shriner Monkey's query, my rationale for choosing either a Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6MT or WRX 5-door is that I could pair my vehicles as follows:

1) Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6MT daily driver and a used 4WD truck for snowboarding; or

2) WRX for fun and snowboarding and a used 2WD 4-cylinder Nissan Frontier or Toyota Tacoma for daily driver.

I got 42mpg on my Legacy this Saturday.

Nice, I recently watched a old top gear episode where the try to drive across some distance on 1 tank of gas. James may took a diesel legacy wagon and i think he got it to average over 55mpg all freeway.

I got 42mpg on my Legacy this Saturday.

Highly unlikely, or maybe on a very short trip, downhill, with a tailwind.:lol:

I hear this all the time from people and I never believe it. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

A co-worker claimed he got 32mpg in his Honda Pilot (w/o cylinder deactivation) on the interstate at around 80mph. That is 10mpg better than it is supposed to get at 55mph. Not happening. The same guy has a 7 series that he was claiming how good the gas mileage was for a V8. Now that he wants to get rid of it for a TDI Jetta it is a gas hog that he can't wait to get rid of.

People like to exagurate their mpg to make themselves feel better, but I'm not buying it. If they like the car it gets 10-15mpg more than if they hate it. Weird how that works.:rolleyes:

Highly unlikely, or maybe on a very short trip, downhill, with a tailwind.:lol:

I hear this all the time from people and I never believe it. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

A co-worker claimed he got 32mpg in his Honda Pilot (w/o cylinder deactivation) on the interstate at around 80mph. That is 10mpg better than it is supposed to get at 55mph. Not happening. The same guy has a 7 series that he was claiming how good the gas mileage was for a V8. Now that he wants to get rid of it for a TDI Jetta it is a gas hog that he can't wait to get rid of.

People like to exagurate their mpg to make themselves feel better, but I'm not buying it. If they like the car it gets 10-15mpg more than if they hate it. Weird how that works.:rolleyes:

You realize he's driving a diesel, right?

My father-in-law's 7 series gets pretty good mileage for a twin turbo V8. On a 400 mile trip, with luggage and 4 people in the car, I was seeing upper middle 20's with CC on.

His Diesel Q7, however, got in the low 30's on a road trip they did in Colorado. When I drove it around town, I was seeing in the very high 20's. That truck is incredible.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

You realize he's driving a diesel, right?

Haha i dont think he does. And now he just sounds like a D-bag.

My average in the vette for the past 5k miles has been 22 average. Getting around 30mpg freeway.

Haha i dont think he does. And now he just sounds like a D-bag.

Copy of my paper on the car:

http://www.bedug.com/pics/img001b.jpg

I did cut out license plate number and a few digits from the VIN#.

Good enough?

453747.png

That looks shopped...

Are you showing that to me? Cause I already knew you drive a diesel, Shrinermonkey was the one who called BS on your 42mpg but I don't think he noticed you have a diesel.

For whomever that didn't believe... No offense, I just hooked on the chain.

That looks shopped...

In certain parts - yes. But no text added.

453747.png

Archived