LegacyGT.com

Clearing the JDM projector headlight lenses.

eekay

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No problem with the thread jack. Doesn't bother me. Car looks great! Keep up the good work. ;)
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

If money is an issue, I would seriously recommend BC coilovers. They're actually quite nice with a good ride. They don't break (often) and they're LOADS cheaper than Megans, TEINs, etc...

problem is i cant find any anywhere as for money i save up for what i want i just culdnt find cap i literally only found those fleabay ones and they suck i removed the whole thing and welded just the spring part now lol i need a real option though what about bilstein? have someone selling me these for 150 but i dnt know how much drop or anything

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee461/VIPmeetSPL/Snapbucket/68DE7321-orig.jpg

• 4 months later...
Yes. Sanded the inside of the lenses. It took roughly 3 hours per lens to get them finished. Starting with 80-100 grit sand paper and working my way down to 2000 grit. Then polishing them with plastic polish.

• 3 weeks later...

Eekay, can you post what tool you used to sand them. And stop telling people it took 4 hours and not saying you used a power tool. I been working on these headlights for well over 10 hours and I have one more lens to do.

How high a grit were you able to use on the power sander. All I find is 220 at most. The rest is done easy by hand. Removing the grooves if the hard part and that's done with low grit paper anyway on the power tool.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Picture of oscillating tool:

http://mdm.boschwebservices.com/files/r24340v33.png

I did say that I used an oscillating tool, bro! Read the posts, man. I used 80 grit to begin and worked me way down to 2000 (I started hand sanding at around 1000, though...) The grooves were definitely the time consuming part. The Bosch helped a lot.

I hope it was dry! Lol. I'm surprised someone like you hasn't purchased an oscillating tool yet. They're incredibly handy. Pics when done, Sir.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Yup. I believe that's what I did as well. I think I went 60 or 80 to begin, 120, 500, 1000, 2000, buff/polish... There are some tricky corners, too. It really helps to have an oscillating tool. It'll make your hand numb for an hour, but it's better than a sore arm and hand for a week.

Archived