LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 Questions.

Sean92AWD

I did some searching but really didnt find answers for what i was looking for.

First this is my first OBD2 performance car. I come from DSM's where SAFC's cured all.

I have an 05 LGT. I just purchased after alot of research a CNT Up-Pipe, CNT Catted DP, Perrin CBE, and Sub-002 Accessport.

My questions are.

On the Accessport is the Stage 2 93 Octane tune sufficient enough for now or should i get it pro-tuned sooner than later.

The factory TMIC how long do i really have with these mods before this thing pops. (didnt see a thread with life expetancy on stage 2 cars)

Is a Pump reccomended for the boost pressure Stage 2 carries as well as what percentages are people seeing with injector duty cycles.

I want to have a reliable Stage 2 and if more things are needed i would rather get them before there are issues caused. I wont race the car have barely gotten on it since i purchased it. Only upgrading due to the fact my factory CBE is showing some rust so worried about the cats going bad.

Like i said did some research before i purchased what i did and the site has been alot of help thus far. Just some more direct questions i have that i couldnt find answers for.

Thanks.

Went stage 2 on my 05LGT, and blew the end tanks on my TMIC after a day or two.(vacuum lines as well...but that's an easy fix) That said, the Cobb tune was just fine, but I think a lot of the guys on the forum will second my opinion to get the car professionally tuned. I went with Shamar at Infamous, and it's def/ worth the extra 150$

About a month and over 3k miles on stage 2 tune from Shamar and no blown lines or tmic. My car has 45k on it if that makes a difference? I only get on it for a second or so at a time, but the car runs much better than it did stock as my daily driver.

I think you are ok with the cobb tune, but you could get more out of the car with the e-tune. The cost of the e-tune is low ($150), and they will take into consideration whether you are running the stock tmic, to try and keep the boost low enough as to not blow it apart.

^I got my car road/etuned by Eric at Torqued performance a good alt to infamous. Couldnt be happier with the tune/service and he is always available if you have issues pop up. good luck, stg 2 is a fun dd car. You could get several tunes at w/ various part upgrades for the same price as a accessport FYI

Well i already have everything i mentioned. Currently looking for an intercooler. Would prefer a FMIC but having to buy a intake would require a pro-tune(unless those can be e-tuned) so a TMIC may be my only option.

Can the AP be e-tuned? I see most e-tunes using opensource.

Well i already have everything i mentioned. Currently looking for an intercooler. Would prefer a FMIC but having to buy a intake would require a pro-tune(unless those can be e-tuned) so a TMIC may be my only option.

Can the AP be e-tuned? I see most e-tunes using opensource.

wrong. PM itsme on this forum. the racer-x fmic kit does not require an aftermarket intake or coolant resevoir overflow. I installed this kit on my car. The price is roughly the same as a new tmic anyway, the racer-x kit is primo.

Archived