LegacyGT.com

RA mud flaps

haha you get the point kinda? that car been crash so many times.

both bumppers been torn off more then once. t boned trees and crashed into snow banks..

i miss the freedom i had with a car then i didnt care about the looks. and the lift kit. see mud, snow, bush....see me fly into it. not anymore.

Ok so I installed the mudflaps today, and I guess they are lower than I intended. They are about 2.5 " off the ground. Given that my car is already lowered, I get some rubbing on some speedbumps (expected). I kind of want to raise them a little bit but holes are already drilled and everything is already on the car =/ How how are yours off the ground?

On the fronts, I have three install points, two vertically along the fender edge, and one lower towards the inside of car. One thing I noticed was, on the driver's side, the lower spot towards the inside of car is a threaded hole I can screw into. However, on the passenger side, that same spot screws into a plastic thread piece, and that square shaped plastic piece fits into a square shaped hole rather than a threaded hole on driver's side. It is pretty secure, but not nearly as secure as a screw.

In the same equivalent spots, why make one a threaded hole and one a non-threaded square-shaped hole? What's that about??

Anyways, the passenger side front rubs the tire when the wheel is turned all the way to the right. Anyone run into this problem? Suggestions?

I'm thinking about just cutting all the extra parts of the mud flap I don't need.

Archived