LegacyGT.com

MD Emissions

So apparently they switched to a new Emissions test here in MD (not sure about other states), where they test using the OBDII port rather than hooking hoses up to your exhaust. My question is, since they are judging by OBDII readings, could I go completely catless and still pass emissions??

correct you could go catless as long as you have a tune to disable the codes. you have one of 3 ways to solve the 1 in 100 visual inspection

tell them the cat is right after the turbo uneasy to view

lower the car so they cant stick their mirror under it

or best is to take cat heat shields off another exhaust and just tac weld them to the exhaust

what codes to disable? can you do this with an AP? will the catless dp not run properly if i were to do this? sorry, I'm a n00b...

random fact: I've played saxophone in the Hagerstown Alsatia Mummers parade for the last 3 years... SO MUCH FUN!! :D

I passed the test and my car is Stage 3 with full catless turboback. The guy walked around with the mirror but wasn't even looking down at it lol.

I went to the emissions stations on Tech Road in Silver Spring.

'05 LGTs have three cats. Two in the down pipe and one in the up pipe. You can disable the up pipe cel with a 2.2k ohm 1/2 watt resistor....search for resistor mod. The one in the up pipe apparently can grenade taking out the turbo and the engine, which is why they stopped using the in 2007. Believe the current Cobb stage 2 maps delete the down pipe codes. If you go open source or even e-tune with the A/P your turner should be able to make those changes for you.

But yeah just make sure you don't have any CEL's and you should pass

This/\

I've gone completely catless since 02 and passed just fine everytime.I've never had them look under my car either.(Harford County)

Go with an AP and all your CELs will vanish.:spin:

And BTW the DMV just checking the OBD port and gas cap is nothing new, they have been doing it for years.

New York has been doing ODBII testing for many years now. I've always run catless and always passed. You just need a tuner who tunes the car to pass "readiness" tests (disabled the CELs).

This. There is literally a check box that says "force pass monitor readiness" in the ecu, although it still takes a few run cycles for it to say ready....it's not instant.

So apparently they switched to a new Emissions test here in MD (not sure about other states), where they test using the OBDII port rather than hooking hoses up to your exhaust. My question is, since they are judging by OBDII readings, could I go completely catless and still pass emissions??

Not a new test. They've been doing that for years.

All they care, is that the OBD checks all the readiness test boxes and that the CEL actually works. Nothing else.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Not a new test. They've been doing that for years.

All they care, is that you make with $15 -- oh, and that the OBD checks all the readiness test boxes and that the CEL actually works. Nothing else.

fxd :)

when i went thru emissions with my 98 e36 m3 all they did was plug into the OBD...i had my traction control off ( as always ;) ), also i had a catless stromung exhaust. anyway, the lady goes to unplug her shit from the port and she says "hey honey if your check engine light comes on again you my want to get it scanned cause mine didnt pick up on any codes!" hahaha-she thought my traction control was my check engine light.

i passed btw lol. and that was in westminster, md. youll be fine

Archived