LegacyGT.com

Make way for the new car, not a subie

• 4 weeks later...

NICE TRUCK!!!

Was eye balling the new 1-Fiftees the other night of Ford's build it site. I had no idea they would not budge on the Raptor prices, makes sense (they hardly ever did on the Lighting either). I did see where the LL F150 was the same or more then the Raptor.

The amount of stuff they have crammed on or in the F150 compared to my 97 F150 is astonishing.

For anyone else looking at trucks, I would suggest to seriously also consider the Ecoboost V6 with twin turbos. 365 HP @ 5000 and 420 TQ @ 2500 compared to the beast 6.2L's 411 HP @ 5500 and 434 @ 4500. Not to shabby if your going to leave the engine in somewhat stock form. Granted the 6.2L has much more head room for further potential HP. That 3.5L TT makes some great low end torque... If only they would make than dang baby diesel Scorpion motor....

So who wants to donate 50G to my new truck fund? I'll haul your mulch and spread it too! Maybe, move your kids to college for ya?

lol, thanks

The Ecoboost is a very capable motor, I was actually looking to get one originally, but really only because of the gas mileage and possible future modding. However... There were some things that held me back from getting one. One of the big factors being that they didnt have any ecoboosts with nav, and didnt plan to because they're sourced from Japan and on big backorder. The second part being that they gave me a hell of a deal on this thing. And by a hell of a deal, I'm talking 12k under msrp :) There were a few other small reasons I got this one, but I'm happy I did.

I've already been looking into some things, which is a bad thing... Whipple is nearing completion on their 2.9L supercharger package :) hehe... It's "only" 7 grand or so, but it'll warrant ~700whp or better they say. Who's to complain about 700whp on a V8 truck? Not I :)

While its not super quick like the LGT, it's definitely got some grunt to it. At the moment I'm getting a whole 14.1mpg on my commute to work in the morning. Not too terrible considering I was only getting 18.6mpg in the LGT, and this is a hell of a lot bigger and more comfortable. Cooled seats in TX are worth every penny.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Archived