LegacyGT.com

Make way for the new car, not a subie

So, this weekend put yet another vehicle notch in my belt. I traded in my 05 LGT 5MT, 107k miles, stage 2.5+, blah blah blah... Lovely vehicle by the way. But we needed something for hauling, holding lots of stuff, and basically something to help me feel more Texan (as if being in the heat isnt enough, lol).

Say hello to the 2011 Lariat Limited #838 of 3700. If Ford offers it on a truck, its on this thing. No option is left out, to include things like heated/cooled seats, nav, power everything (including the running boards), 4x4, 6.2L 411hp/434tq (and drinks gas like its going out of style, lol), and more. It's absolutely crazy, but now we've got something that is more condusive to our lifestyle.

I'll likely stick around the forums, I've got some friends here still and I've still got a place in my heart for the Subie... Who knows, maybe someday it'll come back, lol.

1912874342_2011-06-2609_38_19.jpg.9295ac353d4a5f5865a037874a652d1b.jpg

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

That looks awfully low for a Raptor...
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I am not a truck guy but that truck looks awfully nice! Congrats! Does Ford offer a diesel version? Probably costs a lot more with a diesel engine.

I have enough drama for now.....

I am not a truck guy but that truck looks awfully nice! Congrats! Does Ford offer a diesel version? Probably costs a lot more with a diesel engine.

Not in the 150, unfortunately.

The 6.2 is a hoss, though. Fantastic engine, that.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

That looks awfully low for a Raptor...

Thats what I told the dealership. :lol:

Its def a hell of a truck though. The 6.2L is pretty beefy, a turbo diesel would have been awesome, but at over 15k more for less features was a hard bullet to chew on (going up to a 250 rather than the 150).

Bonus, whipple is going to be offering a 2.9L supercharger for the 6.2L engine :) 9.1L and 700+ hp wouldnt be anything to be sad about.

I can understand getting the Lariat over a Raptor. There are a lot of things you just can't get on a Raptor that you can on the other models.

Thats what I told the dealership. :lol:

Its def a hell of a truck though. The 6.2L is pretty beefy, a turbo diesel would have been awesome, but at over 15k more for less features was a hard bullet to chew on (going up to a 250 rather than the 150).

Bonus, whipple is going to be offering a 2.9L supercharger for the 6.2L engine :) 9.1L and 700+ hp wouldnt be anything to be sad about.

the drain on my wallet would definately make me sad. :(

I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

I can understand getting the Lariat over a Raptor. There are a lot of things you just can't get on a Raptor that you can on the other models.

1) Cooled seats, and in TX... Almost a no brainer sell

2) Power running boards, the ones on the Raptor are just too close to the cab for easy entry/exit for shorter people (my wife). And they were actually difficult to get out on with my long legs.

Otherwise, the raptor can have everything else if I'm not mistaken. But with 0 price negotiation, it was out of my range.

1) Cooled seats, and in TX... Almost a no brainer sell

2) Power running boards, the ones on the Raptor are just too close to the cab for easy entry/exit for shorter people (my wife). And they were actually difficult to get out on with my long legs.

Otherwise, the raptor can have everything else if I'm not mistaken. But with 0 price negotiation, it was out of my range.

That's all?

Neither of those things would have talked me out of a Raptor...

That's all?

Neither of those things would have talked me out of a Raptor...

The Raptor has everything else that I can think of... Heated seats, leather, ability to have nav, umm... Cant think of anything else that it doesnt have vs a Platinum/Lariat/FX4/King Ranch.

He said there was a huge price difference as well.

X

hehe... The MSRP is the same actually on a fully loaded Raptor VS the Lariat Limited... However, there are 0 incentives and 0 negotiation on the Raptors.

Ugh, that sucks that the only reason you didn't get a Raptor was the dealer being unwilling to work with you.

When I test drove one (a 6.2L SCab), they were very willing to knock a few K off. But that was before the SCrew was available.

I LOVE the white, though. Oxford White looks really great in person.

I talked with 6 different dealerships in the area actually. It may be just the DFW area, but there was 0 room. The one dealership that I know the guy at (ended up buying there) worked hard to get the best price, they were going to get a little bit off using the trade-in and taking off comission etc, but the payments didnt even come close to what I got this one for, it was over 80 more a month for the Raptor even after trying to beat them down. That just wouldnt have cut it for me.

Oh, and the Raptor I was looking at there didnt have the Nav option which I really wanted.

I talked with 6 different dealerships in the area actually. It may be just the DFW area, but there was 0 room. The one dealership that I know the guy at (ended up buying there) worked hard to get the best price, they were going to get a little bit off using the trade-in and taking off comission etc, but the payments didnt even come close to what I got this one for, it was over 80 more a month for the Raptor even after trying to beat them down. That just wouldnt have cut it for me.

Oh, and the Raptor I was looking at there didnt have the Nav option which I really wanted.

That's too much then, for sure. $80/month and didn't even have nav.

I bet it's because you are in Texas.

I like the Lariat Limited interior over the Raptor interior too.

Archived