LegacyGT.com

2 2005 lgt's

Tehnation

I'm looking to buy one of 2 2005 gts, both are 5spd, one has 118k miles and other 126k miles. Are high miles not good? What should I expect when purchasing a gt with such high miles? the one for 118k is going for 10k and the other 9k.

Ask for the service records to make sure the car was getting oil changes often. Look to see if the lower control arm bushing was replaced. These tend to tear on older cars. Mine is a 2005 and the bushings had tears after 4 years. The good news is there are lots of good quality aftermarket replacement parts.

High miles would be considered a drawback on just about any car you purchase when comparing to low miles. :)

These cars are by no means indestructable but when taken care of they last. You'll find people with horror stories on here who cared for their car too. I have 116k on mine and had to replace the rear tranny bearings and rear axle around 105-110k. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? You bet. Make sure as posted above to get all the service records. Any car over 100k is a risk, it's just one you try to mitigate by doing your research on the car itself. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived