LegacyGT.com

back in action

hello all been a while since last post be busy

fun rebuild on my gt new parts

pistons, lifters, sleeves, cams, throttle spacer, knock of borella headers, ngk plugs wires, royal purple full synth. so much more

to list without invioce.

had a question about doing no cats just straigh pipe back to stock muffler has anybody done or tried this. i am tryin to get options for next thing onlist sry for long post

btw build 2.5's are soooo much fun

• I Donated
yea just run straight pipe and tap them for the o2 sensors.

you will throw a code for "catalyst efficency below threshold" if you do that.

why on earth do you want to remove your cats and keep a stock muffler.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

there is a spacer trick you can use on the rear o2 sensor to ''fool'' the computer into thinking the cats are still there. i haven't tried it but i here it works.

you get the correct size spark plug anti-fouler (correct for the o2 sensor, not the spark plug) and drill out the center so it will thread on to the o2 sensor. then thread the combo into the o2 spot. the spacer moves the sensor further out of the main flow and it becomes less sensitive and more forgiving.

in extreme cases you can add a second anti-fouler to the first, ''un-drilled''. this will put the o2 in a very small world of it's own. but i hear the second one usually isn't necessary.

hmm. the shop i have do this may not wanna deal with that. i barely under stand it. are there pictures.

basicallly how far are you moving the o2 senor out from the pipe? i just have the shop add extra metal to the spot on the pipe. and tap it. and use washers to move the sensor up and down?

• I Donated

you dont want to use a spacer on the front....it will make you run rich as hell.

only put it on the rear.

do a search on rs25.com. iirc, there is like a 20 page thread about o2 spacers.

you could just make a simulator with resistors and whatnot from radio shack that will make the computer think the o2 is getting proper readings

fyi

when refering to o2s

front = upstream

rear = downstream

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived